Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2006, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Running into the ex-Famous

[ QUOTE ]
I was in an elevator with Kiefer Sutherland and his two assistants last week. I made eye contact with him, but then pussed out and didn't say anything, because I feared saying something wrong and being killed.

[/ QUOTE ]
how tall was he? because he seems shortish on 24 but I hope he is tall
Old 01-22-2006, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was in an elevator with Kiefer Sutherland and his two assistants last week. I made eye contact with him, but then pussed out and didn't say anything, because I feared saying something wrong and being killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have turned to him and said Veratas!

[/ QUOTE ]
I was in an enclosed space with Jack Bauer. There is no way in hell I was going to say "Gravitas" to him. I've actually ran into a bunch more (quasi)celebrities over the years. Jack Bauer intimidated me the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean Ace?

~D
Old 01-22-2006, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
how tall was he? because he seems shortish on 24 but I hope he is tall

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm 5'11", and he was pretty much my height.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:26 PM

im not so sure the guy was ever really "famous"?
Old 01-22-2006, 11:32 PM

this is another non-famous famous person story, but mtv canada used to have it's studios in the building i worked in. i would see the stupid on air 'talent' all the time at the starbucks nearby. i quit that job before mtv canada was sold and renamed fuse or whatever it is now, but i still go to that starbucks sometimes. a couple months ago, i walk in, and one of the dude's who used to do trl on mtv canada is my barista.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:37 PM

My friend just told me about this yesterday at work.

He said he had just got done playing in a show with this girl and her band (they needed a replacement). Afterwards, he was having a few drinks with the band and this older guy, who he assumed was the girl's friend or something and he asks him about a ring hes wearing. Turns out its none other than Gorgeous George the wrestler, and the ring was apparently for holding the belt for so many years. (sounds like bs but could be true)

Then, he tells my friend to hit him. He proceeds to take off his own glasses and continually punches himself in the face, telling my friend to hit him. Mr. George then proceeds to tell my friend that he eats kids like him for breakfast and grabs him by the windpipe, pulls him over and says "Snatched the windpipes outa Mf'ers like you"

This story is almost too good to be true, but I dont know why he would make it up, as hes not even a wrestling fan and neither am I. This occured in Mt. Ephriam NJ
Old 01-23-2006, 12:13 AM

Those are some tasty meatballs.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:57 AM

great story and thread idea dude
Old 01-23-2006, 01:13 AM

I first read your post and misinterpreted, that the guy was EATING ikea meatballs. I thought that was sort of sad.

Then I read it again and see he's actually serving them, and now I'm really depressed.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My friend just told me about this yesterday at work.

He said he had just got done playing in a show with this girl and her band (they needed a replacement). Afterwards, he was having a few drinks with the band and this older guy, who he assumed was the girl's friend or something and he asks him about a ring hes wearing. Turns out its none other than Gorgeous George the wrestler, and the ring was apparently for holding the belt for so many years. (sounds like bs but could be true)

Then, he tells my friend to hit him. He proceeds to take off his own glasses and continually punches himself in the face, telling my friend to hit him. Mr. George then proceeds to tell my friend that he eats kids like him for breakfast and grabs him by the windpipe, pulls him over and says "Snatched the windpipes outa Mf'ers like you"

This story is almost too good to be true, but I dont know why he would make it up, as hes not even a wrestling fan and neither am I. This occured in Mt. Ephriam NJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Gorgeous George died in 1963.

Gorgeous George