Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 09:58 AM

Default Re: 22/180 - KK OOP raise size dilemma

I'd make a weak reraise that didn't commit me to the pot. I don't want villain to understand that I just pot commit myself, since that will tighten his calling/pushing range.

450 might encourage him to put it in if he has something and thinks you can get away from the hand. If you have been forced to fold your raises to agression a few times I'd pick this line.

Another line is pushing, if villain has been loose and might call with a wide range. Depends a lot on your table img and stuff though. Been active or tight?

If I had been active and agressive, stolen a lot of pots and not show much down, I'd probably push here against the loose villain. Especially if he has won big pots playing wrong at the right time, which often is the case with an early big stack in the 22s.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you have a big hand, build a big pot.
When you have poor position, pushing eliminates the positional disadvantage.
When someone raises 4xBB (if their standard open is smaller than that), it often means they are willing to take their hand to the felt.

So many arguments to push here.

[/ QUOTE ]I can see a push. A push sort of feels like an overbet to me, but if you think opponent will call then I agree. If opponent is on a steal he won't call though. I'd be much more likely to push here if opponet was raising 4x from an earlier position.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:23 PM

Yeah, that's the issue. I figured he was probably raising a wide range and I wanted to figure out how to get the most value. I felt like I had only two options: push, or raise decently and push any flop. But I think you're right, a push might yield a nice calling range.