Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 06:01 AM

Default Re: 5/10 99 - standard?

It is close but I think you can call PF here. I may just call the flop, but pushing isn't a huge bet so that's OK too.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are beat.. preflop is questionable indeed, postflop.. I think reraising on the flop was nok.. i would have waited till the turn.. action is too strong.. you are either way behind or way ahead. the turn would have told you told.. bu calling you dont loose anything, by going all in you take a coin toss.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that by raising the flop you find out where you're at in the hand so that you can get away from further action.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:29 AM

Preflop is definitely a little -EV in this hand, but if your opponent is a good winning player that you will see a lot I don't mind taking this slightly -EV situation to show him he can't reraise/squeeze you off of anything but AA/KK. Postflop is standard.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are beat.. preflop is questionable indeed, postflop.. I think reraising on the flop was nok.. i would have waited till the turn.. action is too strong.. you are either way behind or way ahead. the turn would have told you told.. bu calling you dont loose anything, by going all in you take a coin toss.

[/ QUOTE ]
Gold.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:37 AM

Preflop is -EV and imo it is not close. Even if you are 100% reraiser has AA and will pay you off 100% of the time its still -EV (because you need to win about 10.5xyour investment if you plan to fold if you dont hit your set) because shorty will often push for 55$ more and then your implied odds go out of the window. Add to that that sometimes preflope reraiser wont pay you off (with AK for example) and you are not close to a good price.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:40 AM

Yea actually looking back at the preflop situation and stack sizes, punter is definitely correct, you can expect the short stack to move in a lot of the time and completely throwing your implied odds off.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think I'm beat?? I'm definitely ahead pretty much every time. . There is no way I can consider folding this hand at any point, 300BB in a reraised pot is not deep enough to fold middle set.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp