Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 01:46 PM

Default Re: statistical Observations about the final 45

When you say cashes in live tournaments, you mean major touranments and side events. Most $300 tournaments don't wind up in the Hendon database.

Also, some of the players left are strong fairly high limit cash game players. Rizen has obviously been tearing up Internet tournaments.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:11 PM

Do you understand the difference between net and BR? I'm unsure.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you say cashes in live tournaments, you mean major touranments and side events. Most $300 tournaments don't wind up in the Hendon database.

Also, some of the players left are strong fairly high limit cash game players. Rizen has obviously been tearing up Internet tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. If there was anything better than Hendonmob database I would use it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It's not like these numbers shall mean anything, it was done just for fun.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ignoring all statistical insignificance, I would now say the online players were quite average.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I review your numbers (excellent work collecting this BTW) I'd say the internet qualifiers are much worse than average. You found 11 of 45 had no recorded live wins in that database. If you use that stat as an indicator of "online qualifier" then that is 25% if the final 45, from a pool of 50% online qualifiers.

What would be interesting is to find these 11 online qualifiers (assumed) and see where they are in thepokerdb. And then compare these qualifiers to the rest of the online qualifiers in the field. Then you could say whether or not being good online gives you an advantage in this huge, live, deep stack event for a gazillion dollars. But that is almost impossible to determine.