Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Higher EV
raise with ATs in BB 2 28.57%
raise with AJs UTG (average table) 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2006, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Post a spy / secret agent technique..

[ QUOTE ]
One part of the brain is creative, the other is for more concrete stuff. A basic lie detector is to ask a control question, that no one would have any reason to lie about, and see which way their eyes move. Presumably they're not lying, and will move their eyes in accordance with the side of the brain they're using to recall real information. Then ask about the subject they might be lying about. If their eyes go in the same direction they did with the control question, they're telling the truth. If they go in the other direction, they're being creative, or lying.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you mean to tell me when they say a lie detector checks your breathing rate, how much you sweat, your voice and all that crap that they are just telling you that so you won't know to move your eyes in the same direction?
Old 08-07-2006, 12:47 AM

The real problem with lie detectors is that they give a LOT of false positives. The fact that they can be used at all is pretty much a joke.

I actually built a simple polygraph machine my senior year as an electrical engineering student - just did heart rate & blood pressure.

It does work, but there are so many factors that can mess up the results it's tough to keep controls.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:47 AM

Tape a hair on the corner of your drawer or door, and if you come home and its broken, you know someone was in ure stuff.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so you mean to tell me

[/ QUOTE ]
"A basic lie detector" is not referring to a mechanical lie detector machine. Its simply a technique for detecting lies.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:51 AM

Alobar,

Did we ever figure out what happened with all that noise/someone in the garage when you had that girl over?
Old 08-07-2006, 12:57 AM

Awesome stuff!

One other thing I remembered - on the door to your spy HQ or office, mark off heights of 4ft - 8ft, so you know the height of any visitors or enemies that come round.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alobar,

Did we ever figure out what happened with all that noise/someone in the garage when you had that girl over?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Im 95% sure it was her tho
Old 08-07-2006, 01:18 AM

I like to hide an extra ignition key in my wallet. That way when I get wasted at a house party and my friends gang up on me and make me hand over my keys, I can sneak away when no one is looking and drive off.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to hide an extra ignition key in my wallet. That way when I get wasted at a house party and my friends gang up on me and make me hand over my keys, I can sneak away when no one is looking and drive off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hide one underneath your vehicle on the frame rails somewhere. Use a bolt through the hole in the key and hole on the frame and tighten it with a wingnut so that you can loosen it with your fingers. Works even better than a spare in your wallet for obvious reasons, and no one is going to find it in a million years
Old 08-07-2006, 01:36 AM

The best place to put the knife so no one knows you're there is not in a place on the front of their body where they can potentially see you...

A much better place is in the back of the neck in between the vertebrae, it severs the nerves and tendons and makes them incapable of movement and speech. They suffocate to death, but you can end them quicker if you feel like it and there is also minimal blood sprayage.

Also, most expert tailers will use more than one person so if they get caught in a 'double back' the one person can keep walking while another, presumably farther behind, can take up position from another area without being caught in the obvious trap.

I'm not sure of the validity of this, but a psych teacher once told our class that you can 'fool' a lie detector test by curling your toes when you answer each question.