Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Mouse or Hamster?
Mouse 97 97.98%
Hamster 2 2.02%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2006, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Controversial WSOP ME bustout hand- opinions needed

[ QUOTE ]
"
"Why on earth do you possibly care what the table thinks?"

Because I was completely confused that the clock was called. I expected a reasonable amount of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not accusing, but are you sure you didn't have a reasonable amount of time? Perception can fluctuate wildly in high-pressure situations, like how time slows down during a car crash and whatever. Did they really call the clock 4 times on you or was CP wrong [always a possibility!]

I never call clock on guys, once in AC a guy took over 10 minutes [i timed him on watch] to call with his AQ, afterwards I asked him why he took so long [everyone at the table was silent] and he said he only took like 90 seconds. Not unusual. Too bad you weren't given the same courtesy.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:00 PM

I thought it was you couldn't expose your hand like that to get information from your opponent....or at least you'd get a penalty if u did....did that change at some point in the past?
Old 08-04-2006, 03:01 PM

I'm not going to deny that I screwed up the turn by not folding to the 4 bet and seeing the A clubs not the ace of diamond (which makes all the difference in the hand). By the river I should have been given the opportunity to go over the hand, read the board and make a decision. To be truthful when he showed his hand I didn't think there was an ace high flush to be made. I acted too quickly on the turn which cost me 20,000 chips but I should have been given time to not lose 100,000.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:02 PM

From pokertda.com:

[ QUOTE ]
A player who exposes his cards during the play may incur a penalty, but will not have his hand killed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-04-2006, 03:03 PM

So just curious, would elcheapo only get a penalty if someone complained, or is the dealer supposed to automatically call it or what?
Old 08-04-2006, 03:04 PM

He could have gotten a warning, I'd say it depends on what the floor thinks.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:05 PM

All I can go by is the fact that nobody else called a clock or seemed frustrated by the hand and I was quickly going through my chips before he called a clock. The only time I really had time (more than twenty seconds) was when the 30 second clock was called. Otherwise I as conferring with floor people on whether my hand was dead
Old 08-04-2006, 03:09 PM

I was always under the impression that the spirit of the rule is that you don't expose your hand like that - just seems to me like if all you'll get is a warning, people would do it all the time. A few years ago I saw Johnny Chan call the floor during the main event after he raised I think from the SB, and the BB evidently briefly exposed an ace to him, apparently unintentionally. They got a ten minute penalty as I recall. Seems to me just flat out turning your hand over in the middle of a big decision ought to be a guaranteed penalty.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:12 PM

If that was a rule (which I didn't know) then I would have dealt with it. What I don't know is the status of a killed hand?
Old 08-04-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the river I should have been given the opportunity to go over the hand, read the board and make a decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
he pushes when checked to on the river...He calls the floor to get a clock on me...30 seconds later I flip up my hand and...go back to starting an analysis of the hand...Pretty soon a floor person announces "3,2, ok your hand is dead"...The floor finally reverses the decision ...and I now I get 30 seconds

[/ QUOTE ]

Even by your own description of the events, it sounds like you had at least two minutes and possibly more.

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't even figure out the fact that the the ace of diamonds was not on the board

[/ QUOTE ]

No time restraint should have caused this. The only reason you wouldn't have known your opponent could have the nut flush is that you were rattled by the pressure of the situation. It doesn't seem you were thinking clearly.

[ QUOTE ]
If he had shut his mouth and not called the clock 4 times in the span of 3-4 minutes starting a minute in I could have gotten away.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you were really given four clocks after one minute had already passed? It seems like you should have had plenty of time to make a decision.