Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2006, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Official 2006 Buffalo Bills Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Coaching - I just don't think Mularkey was nearly as bad as everyone says. His gameday decisions/instincts for the most part were pretty good, or better than Greg Williams' anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the stuff I'm reading, alot of the team seemed to really dislike the staff. I forgot who said it, but the coaches were always fighting each other about philosophies and whatever else they fight about. I was probably too harsh on Moulds, since I'd imagine the younger guys didn't really want to say anything to jeopardize themselves.

Regarding Everett, they had a piece on him on Bills.com, and he was saying how he's slowly working his way back from his injury too, and I read somewhere that his injured calf is way smaller than his other, it will just take time for him to work back into it. I'm very happy with the TE situation, it sounds like Royal has some real skills that the Skins didn't use.

We'll see on Spikes, he's given a few interviews, and his attitude is great. He's talked with alot of guys that have had similar injuries, so I'm 100% he's doing the correct things to give him the best chance to get back to where he was. His presence alone should help.

I was pretty upset when they hired Jauron, but he seems to be a player's coach, aka he doesn't work them to death, and he seems to be focusing on the fundamentals, letting his subcoaches really teach them.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:44 PM

Dominic,

didn't figure you for a Bills fan. awesome.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:51 PM

Couple of questions.

1.) Do the Bills still have London Fletcher?

2.) What happened to Mike Williams? That guy was a freakin beast. Gave me real hope for a young talented OLine. Please say we didn't trade/not resign him? Seemed like he might turn into the next Orlando Pace type.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Couple of questions.

1.) Do the Bills still have London Fletcher?

2.) What happened to Mike Williams? That guy was a freakin beast. Gave me real hope for a young talented OLine. Please say we didn't trade/not resign him? Seemed like he might turn into the next Orlando Pace type.

[/ QUOTE ]

A - yes

B - hahahahahahahah!!! if you by beast you mean lazy bastard, who put on way too much weight every offseason, never showed up in shape. Played half assed in games and generally didnt try....and yes we dumped him (Thank God!!)
Old 08-04-2006, 02:58 PM

Mike Williams was cut and is now on the Jaguars, showing up overweight to them too. I think you are the only person who thinks he was a beast in the NFL. He lost his starting job halfway through last year. Orlando Pace he is not.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I know so did Jeff George Ryan Leif and 100 other guys with cannon arms who sucked. Still, it is blatantly incorrect to say JP doesn't have potential IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff George was more of a head case, and was good for a couple years here and there, had a decently long career. And I was hopinh the bills would grab him last year

Ryan Leaf I will admit it and I hate to do it, but I thought he would be better than Manning but I guess I was just off.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:13 PM

The word on the radio here in Buffalo is that Clements is not doing well. It has been said that the defense of choice has been a very soft cover 2. Clements has been covering Price, Reed and Parrish because he can't cover Evans, Davis or the tight ends due to size issues. I have not been out to the camp, so this is only a restatement of radio personnel analysis of practice.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike Williams was cut and is now on the Jaguars, showing up overweight to them too. I think you are the only person who thinks he was a beast in the NFL. He lost his starting job halfway through last year. Orlando Pace he is not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This apparently shows how little I've followed the Bills in the last two years.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:12 PM

<<< Not optimistic about J.P. Losman.

Seriously, is there a reason we just can't play Holcomb until something better comes along? Holcomb once threw for 439 yards in a playoff game - it's not like every other team has Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. You can win with guys like Holcomb. Until further notice you most certainly CANNOT win w/ J.P. Losman.

I actually kinda like Jauron btw. Could've done much worse.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<<< Not optimistic about J.P. Losman.

Seriously, is there a reason we just can't play Holcomb until something better comes along? Holcomb once threw for 439 yards in a playoff game - it's not like every other team has Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. You can win with guys like Holcomb. Until further notice you most certainly CANNOT win w/ J.P. Losman.

I actually kinda like Jauron btw. Could've done much worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Holcomb has the arm to do what Fairchild wants. There isn't much expected this year anwyay, might as well see if Losman has the stones or not.