Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2006, 09:03 PM

Default Re: WSOP table with Dmitri Nobles

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, guys,

On Friday I am playing WSOP table together with Dmitri Nobles. He is is Seat 6 with 550K or something like that, I am in Seat 10 with 133K and being second biggest stack at the table. Any suggestions what my playing strategy should be? Position is good but thats probably negated if he raises like 80% of hands.
I was thinking of avoiding him and trying to pick tight players blinds if he is not in the pot until bubble bursts and then start picking spots to come over him in order to bust his bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can always try to reraise him with marginal hands and play to the end if you catch any peace of the flop [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Example

But seriosly, if he keeps playing like he did on day two, he will probably be laying down to preflop reraises the worst of hands and calling the others with "feeling" . I think the best way to get his money is just to wait until you get a premium hand and let him give his chips to you.

Oh, btw he has(or so it seems) no clue about pot odds, so dont count on pricing his draws out [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

GL,

Saku
Old 08-03-2006, 09:39 PM

Default Re: WSOP table with Dmitri Nobles

[ QUOTE ]
I always feel that playing any differently against someone because of the size of their stack is retarded.

Make +EV plays. Period. Even if you're top 5% in chips and have to put your 'tournament life' on the line vs the CL.

Don't be a pussy, just play good poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, not sure what to think about this. You've got the lingo down, but making "plus EV plays" is difficult when someone is raising every other hand.

So a huge stack at your table doesn't change your play? Hmmm.