Old 01-01-2006, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Looking down on smokers?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Besides the health concerns

[/ QUOTE ]

but thats the deal breaker

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, obv, I think that a person has every right to be concerned about second hand smoke and health concerns. But if people are making an effort to not be douche bags and blow smoke in your face etc, I see no reason for you to even bat an eye.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guids, obviously you must smoke. I was especailly tying this to work - I wonder how much time smokers waste on their smoke breaks. And if I saw a boss out there smoking, I would lose a lot of resect for him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very professional! You think there is some sort of correlation between someone's ability to manage a workforce and his smoking habbits?
Not only that, you give less respect to someone who smokes, then someone who doesn't? I think that is very pathetic.

What do you think about people who are overweight? What do you think about people with gambling problems? Also less respect for them?
Excuse them for not being as perfect as you!
Old 01-01-2006, 04:08 PM

I am very aware that people hate cig smoke and when I am in a place where people are around me and I want to smoke a cig, I move away from where the people are.

I also will put out a cig if someone with a baby/small kid insists on being near me.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you non-smokers tend to look down on people who smoke?

[/ QUOTE ]

I always assume that smokers aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. Especially younger people, like under 30. I can understand someone who is 50 or older, and started smoking when it was socially acceptable and the health evidence was still questionable.

Especially dumb are people who won't smoke in their own house. I've seen neighbors out on the deck in the rain, with a cig in one hand and an umbrella in the other (the man and the woman both smoke, and have no children). They are more worried about their drapes and stuff than about their lungs.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you non-smokers tend to look down on people who smoke?

[/ QUOTE ]

I always assume that smokers aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. Especially younger people, like under 30. I can understand someone who is 50 or older, and started smoking when it was socially acceptable and the health evidence was still questionable.

Especially dumb are people who won't smoke in their own house. I've seen neighbors out on the deck in the rain, with a cig in one hand and an umbrella in the other (the man and the woman both smoke, and have no children). They are more worried about their drapes and stuff than about their lungs.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet, you are more worried about them being worried about thier drapes, then you are about doing something productive. Mind your own business.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:18 PM

I look down on pathetic pinklungs who don't routinely suck carcinogens into their bodies. How do you people live with yourselves?
Old 01-01-2006, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And yet, you are more worried about them being worried about thier drapes, then you are about doing something productive. Mind your own business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you so worried about others being worried about what others are doing?
Old 01-01-2006, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you so worried about others being worried about what others are doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was prepared for this. 1. because it is an internet message board, and 2. Its guys like him, that get the minority voice to pass the laws, because most of us dont care, the ones who do sound even louder. When dbags bitch about things that dont really affect them, and it works, it does affect the rest of the population.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its guys like him, that get the minority voice to pass the laws

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about anti smoking laws?
Old 01-01-2006, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I say that I was worried about it, or cared? I merely said that smoking is signal to me that someone is not too bright, and smoking outside in the rain is even dumber. There is no law against being stupid. And as long as others being stupid doesn't affect me, I often find it a source of amusement. Like posters who jump me about something I didn't say.