Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2006, 03:50 PM

Default Re: PLO 2k weird spot

k thx, just wondering
Old 08-02-2006, 04:08 PM

This hand would have been different should CO cover UTG, but as played and with stacks as they are, we are not folding.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand would have been different should CO cover UTG, but as played and with stacks as they are, we are not folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

that makes sense. If UTG makes it 3k to go knowing he might have to play for 11, then he must be able to beat AA. But like ahnuld alluded too, he can't really expect me to fold AA can he? It doesn't seem like he cares that I have AA...

but then again the slight possiblity that I was on a resteal preflop might make pushing the right play for UTG with KK or QQxx, even though he probably does not get looked up by any worse hands.

Do you like the preflop play, or should I have just called the 300?
Old 08-02-2006, 04:24 PM

No I like your play, if you can get 1500 in w/ a 4200 stack, its just fine. Generally, anything more than 1/3rd of stack is fine with me.

Also I generally think it's the other way around, if he thinks you have AA, then WHY is he betting; he knows you HAVE to get it in should he just cold-call, no matter how suspicious his cold-call is.

I think it's just more reasonable that if he has something like 3457/345x or so and intends to get it in anyway, he'd be better of pushing it in before you in the case you ever are on a steal or something; even if you have AA, he'd at least be the guy betting instead of calling himself allin, forcing you to perhaps fold the few times you don't have AA, and at least cause some confusion (like this) the times you have it.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:11 PM

call
Old 08-03-2006, 11:17 AM

so yeah, took me a little bit to call, because I figured he has to know I have aces blah blah pretty much what ahnuld said. UTG showed me A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Looking back now, it seems this is just one of those hands where u autocall, then start reloading.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:33 AM

He got this much money in preflop with A6s J8s?

So how long did it take you to win all your money back from him?
Old 08-03-2006, 11:33 AM

you need a new site (2 As and a [censored] flop) but otherwise played it well.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:05 PM

ETiz is an omaha gooooon!!!
Old 08-03-2006, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No I like your play, if you can get 1500 in w/ a 4200 stack, its just fine. Generally, anything more than 1/3rd of stack is fine with me.

Also I generally think it's the other way around, if he thinks you have AA, then WHY is he betting; he knows you HAVE to get it in should he just cold-call, no matter how suspicious his cold-call is.

I think it's just more reasonable that if he has something like 3457/345x or so and intends to get it in anyway, he'd be better of pushing it in before you in the case you ever are on a steal or something; even if you have AA, he'd at least be the guy betting instead of calling himself allin, forcing you to perhaps fold the few times you don't have AA, and at least cause some confusion (like this) the times you have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this but I doubt people really put in that much of their stack with this type of hand. They like big runs, big pairs with some runs and suited aces when they call for this much of their stack imo.