Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Party poker problems

Why can you 5 table on stars but 9 table on party? That doesn't make sense.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:46 AM

party is sucky. so is neteller for needing me to do a lot of crap to get my money onto stars and full tilt.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:14 AM

fwiw, I tried to do 12 $6s for the tech guy at party today and the buttons still went away after doing a few things he said to fix the problem. He told me that right now they have clue what is causing the problem. He said it might have to do with there being no real names for the speed games and maybe something to do with the way the hhs are saved to the harddrive...but we turned off the "save to hd" thing and it still didnt work...
As for stars, I find it really really hard to play with the small tables on their site for some reason. I think I have a hard time seeing the chip counts for some reason. I guess im just going to have to sit in my room and play cideogames til party gets its act together.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:31 AM

I have experienced these problems since the monster patch.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why can you 5 table on stars but 9 table on party? That doesn't make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you use or are familar with Multi Table Helper. This was made for Party by 2+2 poster OrcaDK who uses this ongoing thread in the 2+2 software forum as a support site of sorts.

Anyway, on Party I set up my two 21" screens (one CRT, one LCD in a corner setup) so that I have four quadrants on each screen with my screen resolution set at 1280 x 960 (IMO a good resolution for most applications and general web surfing - 1600 x 1200 is too detailed).

The upper left corner of my right hand screen (the LCD) is my play area. When I start my SNG games my MTH preferences are set up so it automatically re-sizes them and places them in the other seven spots, with the rightmost areas assigned to the games I sign up for first. When I get most of my games loaded I change preferences on MTH so that the table where I have an active decision moves to my play area, then back again (to the spot it came from) when I have another active decision. If I play more than seven games, I usually stack the newest games in the upper left corner.

On Stars beta I can re-size my screens so that I have four tables on my right monitor and one big one (the newest game) on my left monitor. But without MTH I have to move my eyes around to follow the decisions; with MTH on Party the decision moves to me.

Keep in mind I'm one of the oldest farts (52 and counting down) on the forum and my eyes and quickness can't compare with you young guys. Anyway, MTH is supposed to be updated to support Stars once the beta goes solid, once it does I'm sure I can eight or nine table Stars.

~ Rick

PS You may want to keep in mind that my best friend's wife said "Ask Rick what time it is and he'll describe how to build a watch [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2006, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope. Probably an error on your end. Check your computer's user manual, re: disappearing icons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful, he has friends in high places, [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 08-02-2006, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, I tried to do 12 $6s for the tech guy at party today and the buttons still went away after doing a few things he said to fix the problem. He told me that right now they have clue what is causing the problem. He said it might have to do with there being no real names for the speed games and maybe something to do with the way the hhs are saved to the harddrive...but we turned off the "save to hd" thing and it still didnt work...
As for stars, I find it really really hard to play with the small tables on their site for some reason. I think I have a hard time seeing the chip counts for some reason. I guess im just going to have to sit in my room and play cideogames til party gets its act together.

[/ QUOTE ]

or you could cascade the tables and keep them the same size?
Old 08-02-2006, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-02-2006, 05:08 AM

Someone mentioned that turning on "Chip and Card Animation" or solves the problem. I can confirm that it, in fact, does NOT. I am still getting this problem with speed SNGs, which is all i play. I don't run PT or GT or anything in the background either, and have a top-end machine
Old 08-02-2006, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Join the club, it's doing my head in.
Closed Thread