Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Re: you are in the BB - SB opencompl. checks flop. autobet?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In summary, as soon as the SB open completes, you need to make up your mind as to which mistake he's more likely to make: folding too much, or calling too much. If he's someone who folds too much, your best plan may be to raise preflop, even with this hand, and then bet any flop. If he calls too much, you'll get more folds from him by taking this line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I'm reading you right. Are you saying pf you should raise if he folds too much but if he calls too much you should [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] raise??

[/ QUOTE ]

No he's saying you should take this line which means check preflop and bet if checked to.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Re: you are in the BB - SB opencompl. checks flop. autobet?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In summary, as soon as the SB open completes, you need to make up your mind as to which mistake he's more likely to make: folding too much, or calling too much. If he's someone who folds too much, your best plan may be to raise preflop, even with this hand, and then bet any flop. If he calls too much, you'll get more folds from him by taking this line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I'm reading you right. Are you saying pf you should raise if he folds too much but if he calls too much you should [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] raise??

[/ QUOTE ]

No he's saying you should take this line which means check preflop and bet if checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I get it now. It just sounded confusing. By this line, you mean the line OP took. So in other words, OP would've taken the correct line against a caller but a better line against a folder would've been to raise pf.

Remember, you can't put too much water in a nuclear power plant.