Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Venetian: Changes in the cash NL games/Tournaments/Comps

It sounds like you will like the grind at the 6/12 or 9/18 game (there is no 5/10 HE) if you want to stick to limit.

I would recommend the 1/3NL or 2/5NL over the limit any day, but that is just me. It costs less per orbit then 6/12 or 9/18, and in general, I think it is a better game.

For comps, the V is the best, at $2 per hour (no max) on the card. Wynn gives $1 per hour, and Bellagio doesn't give hourly. However, both the W & V give $15 food vouchers at random if you ask nicely. I like the hourly better, as it is a better value for a long term player (I will never have to play for food at Grand Lux again at this rate).

Action is steadily crazy now during the WSOP, at all the big places. Venetian's weakest link seems to be higher limit action (above 40/80), which is still found more plentifully at Bellagio, but you will be fine for the 10/20 and smaller games. 3/6,6/12,9/18,40/80,1/2,1/3,2/5,and 5/10 are consistently spread daily.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:24 AM

LVM, I haven't played yet in the Venetian room, but definitely plan to do so on my next upcoming trip (9/3-8). The 1/3 and 2/5 NL games sound great. Just out of curiosity, I assume the NL pots are raked individually, rather than a timed rake setup?
Old 08-01-2006, 11:36 AM

Does anyone play tournies on Sunday? I'm out there for work all next week and was thinking about playing Sunday night. How late do the 8PM tournies usually go?
Old 08-01-2006, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LVM, I haven't played yet in the Venetian room, but definitely plan to do so on my next upcoming trip (9/3-8). The 1/3 and 2/5 NL games sound great. Just out of curiosity, I assume the NL pots are raked individually, rather than a timed rake setup?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is a 10%/$4 Max rake. There aren't any jackpot drops or anything. See you there in Sept (remember to get a card if you don't already have one, so you will get $3 per hour toward food).
Old 08-01-2006, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think CP has longer levels, but smaller chip counts, but I'm not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the rebuy, the Caesar's starting chip count is 4500 with 40 minute blinds starting at 25/50, with antes starting the 3rd level (100/200/25). At least this was true when I played there in late May.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:51 PM

awesome - i will def check out the 1/3 game when i go on labor day
Old 08-01-2006, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Times games get higher comps (not sure the $ amount)

[/ QUOTE ]
i played the 5-10 there a couple nights ago, i was told by a floorperson that we got $3/hr.

beautiful room, but the game was a pretty boring nitfest. i was straddling every round trying to drive some action but it never really materialized.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:55 PM

Can't wait to try this room out when i move there
Last two trips to Vegas I spent most of my time at the MGM, but definately looking forward to giving this a try, especially with the $3/hr food comp
Old 08-01-2006, 02:05 PM

mikech: Too bad you were stuck at a nitty table. I have never played 5/10 there, so I don't know if that is standard for that game or not. However, since the freeroll qual is over, maybe it has gotten better. Too rich for my blood.

grouchie: MGM will have more collegy frat boys then Venetian, but the conventioners make up for it. The $3 per hour is unheard of outside of the old IP days, even if only for a few months.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:24 PM

$3 per hour from Sept to the remainder of the year is sweet. I got a decent non poker rate at TI Oct 6-9 and probably will play most of the time at Venetian. The 30 hours or so I will play that weekend will start me off sweet. I already have $24 or so on my card. A free meal at Delmonicos sounds good to me.