Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2006, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Cheating at PP

[ QUOTE ]
This has been thoroughly discussed.

The -EV of missing the button is larger than the +EV of not playing the small blind. Anyone exploiting this bug is hurting himself, especially at 6 max tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a full ring game, it's not at all clear this is -EV; may well depend on your style and/or details of the structure. A friend of mine is a multitabling 15-30 pro, where SB is 2/3 BB, and his PT stats definitely show +EV for the blind skip. So guess what - he skips it every time. He is always happy to quote the exact value/hand, expressed in $/hr, BB/100, or any metric you're interested in for every subtle nuance in his strategy. This particular move is one of his favorites.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:27 PM

And by the way, count me among those who say it's definitely not cheating. It's not as if Party doesn't know about it, or couldn't easily change it if they wanted to.

Now here's the Party bug that really annoys me - the incorrect blind placement when the BB busts out in a SNG. The guy to his left gets a free pass on the BB.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:11 PM

who cares, if all he is doing is posting a blind big bet every round. he will always be out of position postflop. don't worry about this guy. he is not making good decisions. you can easily out play him.
edit: ben said it good in a different way. dont sweat it.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who cares, if all he is doing is posting a blind big bet every round. he will always be out of position postflop. don't worry about this guy. he is not making good decisions. you can easily out play him.
edit: ben said it good in a different way. dont sweat it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused, maybe this isn't clear. He's skipping the small blind EVERY ROUND to avoid playing in the worst position every time. Nobody else at the table is.

Maybe I'm the only person who has a huge problem with cheating the rules at a poker table. Of course I've heard about this bug, but that doesn't mean I have any less of a problem with people playing dishonestly.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:28 PM

yes, he is missing the small blind, but he also misses the button. Does he then sit back in the cutoff or wait for another big blind? It actually doesnt matter what method he is using. the button is worth more than the big blind.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, he is missing the small blind, but he also misses the button. Does he then sit back in the cutoff or wait for another big blind? It actually doesnt matter what method he is using. the button is worth more than the big blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll spell it out for you...

HE SKIPS THE SMALL BLIND.

HE THEN PLAYS THE BUTTON.

If this wasn't made clear enough the first two or three times, I'm sorry. There's a clear advantage here. And its cheating, straight up.

EDIT ADD: I realize that it was never expressly said that he got to play the button. I was under the impression this bug was common knowledge here.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:37 PM

i just watched the guy in question. he posted the big blind. then sat out for his small blind. then he returned the next hand in the CUTOFF, he did not get the button.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:24 AM

If the site allows it, how can it be "cheating"?
Old 07-30-2006, 02:21 PM

Seriously, this is not 'cheating'. It is an option that partypoker allows just as "blendedsuit" pointed out. Play somewhere else or at different tables, not that hard.

And also...

Old 07-30-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, this is not 'cheating'. It is an option that partypoker allows just as "blendedsuit" pointed out. Play somewhere else or at different tables, not that hard.

And also...

[/ QUOTE ]