Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 07:48 PM

Default Re: More you be the floor [results]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Floor ruled that not only the 50 in chips that the CO put in the pot but 100 in chips needed to be put in because the player was attempting to call the BB. Not the 300 that would have been a call of my (the LP in the story) raise, and not the 50 in chips that I was expecting would be the ruling, but 100 in chips.

[/ QUOTE ] Correct ruling.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is the reasoning that a 50 call is less than the minimum bet but a 100 chip would be the minimum limp. I.e., the guy was limping out of turn and then the bet arrived at him? Would it have mattered if someone else in EP had raised before he put the 50 chips out (again if he put them out while LP was thinking/getting ready to raise)?
Old 07-28-2006, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Floor ruled that not only the 50 in chips that the CO put in the pot but 100 in chips needed to be put in because the player was attempting to call the BB. Not the 300 that would have been a call of my (the LP in the story) raise, and not the 50 in chips that I was expecting would be the ruling, but 100 in chips.

[/ QUOTE ] Correct ruling.

[/ QUOTE ]

This ruling is wrong for a number of reasons.

[ QUOTE ]
An action or verbal declaration out of turn may be ruled binding if there is no bet , call, or raise by an intervening player acting after the infraction has been committed.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was an intervening call so his action out of turn is not binding.

[ QUOTE ]
Dealer washes CO's hand into the muck. Button and blinds fold but button and SB say to the dealer that the chips have to stand in a tournament because they crossed the line and they've been busted on that before. The dealer calls the floor. The floor gets all this informtation and rules...

[/ QUOTE ]

The button and blind both fold before asking for a ruling. If you want a ruling you DO NOT act on your hand, you ask for a ruling. Once players have acted on his money not being in the pot you CAN NOT go back and put additional money in the pot.

It is a long standing principle that if a player is unaware of a raise and is then made aware of the raise they are allowed to withdraw their call and act based on knowing the size of the bet.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:34 AM

Default Re: More you be the floor

he acted out of turn, the bet is not binding -obv

er what Randy said

how was it actually ruled?
Old 07-29-2006, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Button and SB get ACjr'd

[/ QUOTE ]
please translate "ACjr'd"
thank you
Old 07-31-2006, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Button and SB get ACjr'd

[/ QUOTE ]
please translate "ACjr'd"
thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, maybe ACjr could demonstrate it to you.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This ruling is wrong for a number of reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your logic, but remember that many places have a boneheaded rule that ALL chips carried across the betting line (even in the air) are in play and must remain in the pot even if the action was out of turn.

If the result is an invalid action, the player may correct the result in turn--for example, if it's a limit event and the chips in the pot do not represent a full raise, then the player has an option to complete the raise in turn, but if he elects to call instead the extra chips remain in the pot nonetheless.

Much like any "zero tolerance" rule, it is stupid, but it appears to be gaining in popularity. My advice to any player is that if you see a line on the felt, be sure to see if such a rule is in effect.