Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Two streets\' worth of value.

Well hooray for harmony and discord.

I called, hoping for an UTG raise. Who knows, maybe he wants a free card. Didn't happen though.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero...

So what's up.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:00 AM

call turn. good chance utg again overcals with ak aq. i would have poppathamothafckafloppa ahahahahahahahaha

anyway yeah you flopped top pair + nut flush draw dude. this is like a sick occurrence. does it matter what u do? i dint know! ed miler told me the other day that u could fold these hands and poker tracker would tell u your winrate is just about the same anyway! so wtf?! does all this crap just not really matter? do we read hands posts for no readson? possible!

that said, i am really interested in what is rockest science, kids!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:10 AM

Raise the flop. UTG will coldcall AK/AQ on the flop anyways. If he 3-bets, it's an easy c/c to your flush.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:28 AM

I'm with tiger. Raise the flop and give your opponent the possibility to make an ever bigger mistake bij CC 2 bets with less than 3 outs.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:02 AM

I don't think sub-15 PFR in a 0.5/1 6-max game is overly tight (that depends how sub 15 you are talking.) Are you a 30/20 maniac in this game and actually winning? The difference between 15 and 18-20 is very small and they are mostly marginal situations where you have to play expertly postflop for it to matter.

Anyway, I raise. A club will probably ruin your action so I would like to get paid now. Even if you are behind to a PP, which you probably aren't, you still have an equity edge.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:10 AM

Old 07-28-2006, 11:16 AM

As played, I just call the turn. You now want UTG overcalling because he's almost certainly making a mistake.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:19 AM

OOOH how about we call the flop, and then if UTG raises, we 3-bet their asses?!?! OH YEA!
Old 07-28-2006, 11:30 AM

Grunch:

I'd put PFR on either 88+ or two overcards to your pair. If you raise, he'll reraise with 99+ or fold with anything else. It also doesn't seem very likely that you'll be able to get more than a single additional small bet from SB.

On the other hand, if you just call, he'll still raise with 99+, but with two overcards he might be tempted to incorrectly call thinking he has 5-6 outs, while actually he doesn't have more than 4. Also, SB may put you on a draw and lead the turn, gaining you additional bets.

So I think take the flush draw line, it is more profitable.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:38 AM

Grunch:

Raise. My calling on the flop was to let PFR call incorrectly with overcards. Now he won't do this with bank that small and we're gonna lose him anyway, so we should try to extract additional bets from SB.