Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2006, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Flush Draw OOP Makes It On The Turn

Seriously, guys, paying off at the end here is nothing more than total spew. Look at villain's postflop aggression numbers. I'd be stunned if we're ahead even 5 percent of the time.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:12 AM

oops i thought sb was the maniac, didnt look closly enough. id have raised turn to 25 and folded to a reraise
Old 07-27-2006, 08:27 AM

Good responses so far, after a slow start.

But this hand is deep and there's a few things going on, so I'm going to bump it one time...
Old 07-27-2006, 08:33 AM

i dont like raising the flop at all. it puts you in a big pot OOP w/ a marginal holding. you would be able to just cc donk/evaluate, then w/e on the river. but now ure in a huge pot and clueless.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:02 AM

I don't hate pre flop, your way ahead of the maniac taking the lead in a hand is never bad. On the flop, I really don't understand the check, you have 2 overs + a FD, bet that [censored]. On the turn, a pot sized raise is ~$22, so I don't understand the huge reraise. I feel like this is the type of raise that only gets called by a hand that has you crushed. Unless you have a read that SB would slowplay trips on an uber draw heavy board, I really hate your line on the turn. I would make it $22 and fold to a push from SB.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:06 AM

i think LP villain with .3 aggro has AA, and we're good. flop is either b3b or check, nothing wrong with either line.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:17 AM

I smooth call preflop, if checked to me on the flop I try to take it down, after I make a flush on the turn, I raise to 30 and then puke when he reraises me all-in.

I think it's obvious that he has the FH. Given the type of player this is, it's an easy fold. He is playing this exactly like he has the nuts. Does anyone agree?
Old 07-27-2006, 09:55 AM

*Grunching for Grunch!*

I think that having been so aggressive preflop, you should have followed that up with something on the flop, because now your turn raise has no credibility at all. As for the size preflop I think its too much - personally KQs is not in my re-raise range so I would have flat called it. I usually 1/2 - 3/4 pot my stronger draws for semi-bluff deception, and thats what I'd do here - particularly on a flop like this.

The problem with your flop check and subsequent (massive) turn re-raise is that now your flush is totally transparent - and villan STILL wants to come over the top. You're beat and the other problem is that your re-raise was so big that you've pot committed yourself and you have to call. Bummer.

Villain flips 66 for the FH or 99 for the slowplayed second nuts. 88 if you're having a really bad day. I think a flop bet would have given you some information which would have helped you get a better idea of his range.

EDIT: After reading the responses I'm not so sure about the call at the end. I think a fold is probably better now.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that having been so aggressive preflop, you should have followed that up with something on the flop, because now your turn raise has no credibility at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should my turn raise have credibility?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:26 AM

Grunch,

I'd like to hear your comments on this hand.