Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2006, 12:44 AM

Default Re: My letter to party after admitting there was a problem today

I got disconnected from two regular sng's last night and couldn't reconnect. I immediately sent party an e-mail asking for a refund and I've already received my money back. They also added a 'solution', which is to delete all cookies, temp internet files (online and offline) and log back on. I have to say that I had noted down the tournament numbers though (showed in the lobby when trying to reconnect), which might have made it a little easier for them to handle.

I was doing my first ever decent try at sng's, so I'll have to decide whether I want to put my challenge on hold or whether I will continue. Currently it looks like I'll be putting it on hold though, cause there are loads of players who keep getting these disconnects. I was wondering though, is there anyone who has had no problems whatsoever after doing what they offer as the solution? I'm kind of sceptical that it'll return quickly.

Greetz,
Zjak
Old 07-27-2006, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's an anecdotal story involving Stars support today that shows the difference between the two sites:

Some time ago, towards the beginning of June, I had ordered a Neimann Marcus gift card with my FPPs for my fiancee in exchange for her not putting up a fuss when I play. Kind of a deal we have worked out - I play probably more than she likes, but she gets to spend most of the FPPs. Anyway, I order it, and get the regular email saying thank you for your order, please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery, blah blah blah.

Still hadn't received it as of this week, so I email Stars on Monday to see what's up:

<font color="red">Hello,
I know you guys are probably totally swamped with all the WSOP stuff oing on now, but I had a quick question for you regarding an FPP order I placed a while back. Below is an order confirmation I received on June 7th. It's been over 6 weeks, and I still have not received the item, nor have I heard anything saying that it has/hasn't been shipped. I was wondering if you could look into this order for me, and tell me the status. It was meant to be a gift, so prompt attention would be appreciated. Thanks a lot. [order confirmation included]
-Phil
</font>

A few hours later, I get this:

<font color="blue">Hello Philip,
The FPP Store does not actually handle the NM gift cards. I apologize for the mis-routing of your email. I will forward your query to the person that does, and they will get back to you on Tuesday.
</font>

Come Wednesday morning, no response from whoever (presumably one of Neimann Marcus' departments), so I send another email to Stars:

<font color="red">I still haven't heard anything - it's been over 2 days since I sent my email inquiry, and almost 8 weeks since my order. There's nothing you can do to look into this for me?? Normally you guys are so good with stuff like this.</font>

No more than 15 minutes after I sent that last one, Rich Korbin calls my cell phone(!!), and is totally aplogetic. Says this was truly out of their control, they weren't aware it wasn't shipped, normally don't have this problem, etc. Says he'll personally get this sqaured away ASAP. Also asks what size I wear, offers to send a bunch of Stars gear for being tardy with the order, and promises he'll call NM right after we get off the phone to square everything away.

About 15 minutes passes, and in my inbox:

<font color="blue">Philip -
Just spoke w/the customer service rep at NM - your certificate goes out today via overnight to the address you just sent me.
Best Regards,
Rich
</font>

It's amazing how differently Party and Stars treat their customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
minus the part about your gf taking your FPPs..massively -EV. That's your rakeback, fool! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Just kidding, I know how it is. I told my gf she gets an ipod video after I get my 3rd monitor &amp; then a NM card after I get the 50" plasma [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2006, 02:41 AM

I understand how painstaking it must have been to have gone through the frustrating technical problems while playing on our tables. Before I begin to give you an explanation, I would like to apologize again for all that you've gone through.

The problem you have reported is system specific. To be honest with you, this is not the first time I have come across such a problem (options not visible when itıs a playerıs turn to act). However, this usually happens basically due to two reasons which are mentioned as follows:

1)low virtual memory
2)internet delays/fluctuations

Both these factors are not influenced by us. I request you to follow the procedures mentioned below to minimize such problems.

Firstly, uninstall the PartyPoker.com software from your computer, delete the cookies and temporary files stored on your computer, run a disk clean up and then install the software again on your computer.

IMPORTANT: Before you uninstall the software ensure you copy the Notes.txt file from the installation folder on to your desktop.

1) Close all Windows.
2) Right click on the 'PartyPoker' icon on the desktop.
3) Click on 'Properties'
4) Click on the 'Find Target' button
5) Double click on the PartyPoker folder
6) Right click on the 'Notes' file and click on 'Copy'. Close all the windows.
7) Right Click on the Desktop and click on 'Paste'

If you do not save it, the notes you made through the "Add Player Notes" option will be lost. Once you have reinstalled the software you will have to add the Player Notes:

-&gt;Right click on the Notes.txt file that you saved on the Desktop and click on Copy
-&gt;Right click on the 'PartyPoker' icon on the desktop.
-&gt;Click on 'Properties'
-&gt;Click on the 'Find Target' button
-&gt;Now the installation folder opens, Double Click on the PartyPoker folder, click on Edit and click on Paste.

To delete the cookies and temporary files stored on your computer:

1. Open a blank Internet Explorer page
2. Please Click on "Tools"
3. Select "Internet Options".
4. Under the "General" tab, select "Delete Cookies" and "Delete files".
5. Click on "OK"

Follow the steps below to do a disk Cleanup.

1) Close all the programs
2) Click on Start
3) Click on Programs
4) Click on Accessories
5) Select System Tools
6) Click on Disk Cleanup

Once the Disk cleanup starts check all the check boxes shown and click on the "Start" button. After the disk cleanup is done, you will be taken back to the desktop.

Secondly, if you have a dial up connection, which is the minimum requirement, you may wish to upgrade to a cable or a fixed line Internet connection that will minimize the chances of disconnections, or you may wish to get in touch with your Internet Service Provider for further assistance.

You can find the numbers in the link below:

http://www.partypoker.com/help/

If you still face similar problems, I request you to call us and we will help you trouble shoot and fix the problem over the phone. Nevertheless, as a special consideration, I have added another $20.00 to your account for the problems you faced while playing at our tables.

You have our assurance that we are working 24/7 to make sure that you have a fulfilling Poker experience.

Sid
PartyPoker Customer Care

Hmm I apparently got $20 which I really can't tell since I don't know the exact amount in my account, but either way I am still out $154 here. Do I come back with an email explaining that it is their fault and I want my full refund.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:45 AM

I dont know why people still play at party.

Pokerstars pay 28% rakeback for Supernova player.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:11 AM

I tried the nice approach about 5 emails now I am getting an undeliverable message at VIP@partypoker.com. This is a sad way to run a company
Old 07-27-2006, 09:40 AM

I sent them a message just now inspired by the success story. Wish me luck!
Old 07-27-2006, 09:44 AM

I have to say i sent it to info@partypoker.com though. Perhaps the VIP customer support employees have time off for WSOP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2006, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's an anecdotal story involving Stars support today that shows the difference between the two sites:

Some time ago, towards the beginning of June, I had ordered a Neimann Marcus gift card with my FPPs for my fiancee in exchange for her not putting up a fuss when I play. Kind of a deal we have worked out - I play probably more than she likes, but she gets to spend most of the FPPs. Anyway, I order it, and get the regular email saying thank you for your order, please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery, blah blah blah.

Still hadn't received it as of this week, so I email Stars on Monday to see what's up:

<font color="red">Hello,
I know you guys are probably totally swamped with all the WSOP stuff oing on now, but I had a quick question for you regarding an FPP order I placed a while back. Below is an order confirmation I received on June 7th. It's been over 6 weeks, and I still have not received the item, nor have I heard anything saying that it has/hasn't been shipped. I was wondering if you could look into this order for me, and tell me the status. It was meant to be a gift, so prompt attention would be appreciated. Thanks a lot. [order confirmation included]
-Phil
</font>

A few hours later, I get this:

<font color="blue">Hello Philip,
The FPP Store does not actually handle the NM gift cards. I apologize for the mis-routing of your email. I will forward your query to the person that does, and they will get back to you on Tuesday.
</font>

Come Wednesday morning, no response from whoever (presumably one of Neimann Marcus' departments), so I send another email to Stars:

<font color="red">I still haven't heard anything - it's been over 2 days since I sent my email inquiry, and almost 8 weeks since my order. There's nothing you can do to look into this for me?? Normally you guys are so good with stuff like this.</font>

No more than 15 minutes after I sent that last one, Rich Korbin calls my cell phone(!!), and is totally aplogetic. Says this was truly out of their control, they weren't aware it wasn't shipped, normally don't have this problem, etc. Says he'll personally get this sqaured away ASAP. Also asks what size I wear, offers to send a bunch of Stars gear for being tardy with the order, and promises he'll call NM right after we get off the phone to square everything away.

About 15 minutes passes, and in my inbox:

<font color="blue">Philip -
Just spoke w/the customer service rep at NM - your certificate goes out today via overnight to the address you just sent me.
Best Regards,
Rich
</font>

It's amazing how differently Party and Stars treat their customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
minus the part about your gf taking your FPPs..massively -EV. That's your rakeback, fool! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Just kidding, I know how it is. I told my gf she gets an ipod video after I get my 3rd monitor &amp; then a NM card after I get the 50" plasma [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

GFs are -EV, GFs that want to shop at NM (Needless Markup) are Bank Roll Killers.
You guys need to find one of these Bama Biatches around here that like a nice trip to the local Wal-Mart [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2006, 05:07 PM

They refuse to refund me, saying it is still my fault. I've told them I will be going elsewhere for my gaming needs I guess I need to follow my words now.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:04 AM

I was disconnected from 2 $109 SNG's yesterday at Party. Several idiotic emails back and forth and then they tell me I have to call them. After being transferred and arguing with them about the issue I get a $100 "good will bonus" from them. Why they could not refund my $218 is beyond me. Party customer service sucks!