Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Lobby Party To Have Monster Rake OPT-OUT Button! If Pacific Can Do It

[ QUOTE ]
they should not be forcing them to pay for a Monster Rake promotion they never asked for and don't want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you ASK for it when you sit down at a Monster table. If you don't WANT it, sit somewhere else.

(I know, I know, all the fish are there ... whine whine whine... suck it up, one way or the other.)

[ QUOTE ]
Party should be providing an Opt-Out button on Monster Rake tables. No Monster Rake no Monster BBJ for that player.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you opt out of the Moster rake that will make you real popular when/if the jackpot is void because you were involved in the hand. "Sorry table, Pete was a obstinate nit so none of you get your share of the jackpot."

Again, if you don't like those tables, don't play those tables.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Lobby Party To Have Monster Rake OPT-OUT Button! If Pacific Can D

[ QUOTE ]

When you opt out of the Moster rake that will make you real popular when/if the jackpot is void because you were involved in the hand. "Sorry table, Pete was a obstinate nit so none of you get your share of the jackpot."

[/ QUOTE ]

And why would that be the case? Only the players who opted to pay the Monster fee would split it. The guy who didn't want to pay the Monster fee wouldn't get anything.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And why would that be the case? Only the players who opted to pay the Monster fee would split it. The guy who didn't want to pay the Monster fee wouldn't get anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well first, congrats on ignoring my main point and focusing on a minor point.

But to answer your question, the rules state amongst others, "hand must be raked and monster rake collected to qualify". So there is a 10% chance (16% at 6max) you would have the "winning" hand and not pay the rake and void the jackpot.

Also if I were Party and allowed opt out, I would ALSO void the JP if you were the losing qualifying hand, another 10 or 16%.

You really think a jackpot seeking player wants to lose up to 1/3 of his shot at R-I-C-H-E-S because you are too cheap to pay and too stubborn to play somewhere else?

He chooses to gamble which is why he picked this table, if you choose otherwise pick a different table.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:35 PM

Yes, their one in 100,000 shot is now 1 in 130,000 (random number) because someone has opted out, oh no.

"Pick another table". Have you any clue what you're talking about? This will kill the lower stakes on party poker, it's not just as simple as find another table. I'm guessing you're a tournament player who's only to happy to be getting this big overlay from us cash guys.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The obvious and fair solution is to make it so players can play at the Monster tables but opt out of the monster jackpot having their $.50 returned to them instead. If, as you say, the games are the same and it's not costing me anything extra, you should gladly let me opt out and refund the $0.50 per hand. Of course the player would not be able to play in the tournaments, but I have zero interest in those anyway.

- from ajmargarine

[/ QUOTE ]

Great. I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for the doomswitch to get turned off. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Pick another table". Have you any clue what you're talking about? This will kill the lower stakes on party poker, it's not just as simple as find another table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will grant you that for SSNL, the rake is greatly increased. (I'm certainly not claiming Monster is a good thing.)

As for "killing" the games, did BBJ kill them when it was introduced? I recall LOTS of comments about it making the tables even softer.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you're a tournament player who's only to happy to be getting this big overlay from us cash guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess again, Sparky. I have never played a real money tourney at Party in my life.

I am 99.99% a cash game player playing a variety of sites (although Party has been >50% of my play the last 2 years).

for the N th time, the "Opt-Out" button is picking a different table (even if it is at a different site). Works every time.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well first, congrats on ignoring my main point and focusing on a minor point.

But to answer your question, the rules state amongst others, "hand must be raked and monster rake collected to qualify". So there is a 10% chance (16% at 6max) you would have the "winning" hand and not pay the rake and void the jackpot.

Also if I were Party and allowed opt out, I would ALSO void the JP if you were the losing qualifying hand, another 10 or 16%.

You really think a jackpot seeking player wants to lose up to 1/3 of his shot at R-I-C-H-E-S because you are too cheap to pay and too stubborn to play somewhere else?

He chooses to gamble which is why he picked this table, if you choose otherwise pick a different table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party could just change that rule too and say that if the person wins the jackpot has opted out they get nothing and the table is unaffected.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:01 PM

If I remember correctly Pacific have a small indicator (red or green light) beside a players name that shows whether he is participating in the BBJ.

I think the vast majority of players will not opt out of the Monster so the chances of hitting it with a Monster player and non-Monster are significantly lower.

I'm sure Party can come up with some more of those annoying pop-ups that they do so well to explain the situation.

As to Monster making the games better - I think in the short term it will but this goes on until June 2007. I think they will settle back close to what they where before as the old Bad Beat Jackpot Tables did.

Email Party to Make a MONSTER OPT-OUT TICKED BOX!
Old 07-27-2006, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Lobby Party To Have Monster Rake OPT-OUT Button! If Pacific Can Do It

[ QUOTE ]
Remember this Monster Rake promotion is until June '07

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap.

If this is true Party looks like it doesn't give a squat about it's mid limit regulars.

Wow, June 2007???

Holy crap...

Unreal.