Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Some big names at WSOP...pretty average in person

assinign??
Old 07-26-2006, 12:11 AM

"The button had just arrived on the table about 20 minutes ago with a pretty big stack and wasn’t really getting out of line with it. He seemed pretty content to wait for hands and try and stack people even though that’s a fairly poor strategy in a 6 max tournament."

Thats why the KT is a crap play. Theres 0 fold equity and your beat by most of his hands. Its one thing if she has enough to make the guy lay down, but here, come on.

Yes the 33 button raise is standard, the call sure as hell isn't. There are sure as hell going to be better spots to make the call in.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:36 AM

if your going to fold 33 to the reraise everytime than its basically the equivalent of a pure steal. so in that case you should probably just limp it.

the problem is 6 handed you are going to be making alot of blind steals so you cant just be weak everytime someone reraises. If Chui wins this hand, and it is basically a coinflip he is going to have a monster stack and people are not going to play back at him much.

Alot of equity in tourenys is in getting to first. It certainly is not in barely reaching the money. In this regard Chui's play was alright.

You should maybe post the hand in the MTT section see what other people say. But i think alot of them would agree with me.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been at WSOP since the start and played 9 events, no cashes...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe some of these "big names" know something that you don't.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:24 AM

Thats a horrible call with 33 for all those chips. KT isn't so bad, becasue he could be on a steal with less, plus it seemed like she needed to gamble and double up with the blinds high and the short table.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if your going to fold 33 to the reraise everytime than its basically the equivalent of a pure steal. so in that case you should probably just limp it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is terrible thinking... Just because you can't stand a reraise is no reason to not raise... The amount that was reraised is also very important, I think AQ is the worst possible hand villain has here, as he could easily have 44-JJ.

The KT push was terrible also...
Old 07-26-2006, 07:41 AM

You can't limp the 33. The fact is sometimes you get called or reraised an amount you can play for, but the player could way to easily be pushing a larger pair that has 33 2 outing.

I really don't think going 0 for 9 in WSOP events makes my commentary here any less valid. I was at a bar tonight with 3 friends, including dustin dirksin and mark vos. Between the 4 of us we've played nealry 50 events. Togeather we have 1 cash, which was marks for the bracelet. Over so few tournaments some run hot some run cold, how would my analysis be any different if i had cashed say 4 of 9?
Old 07-26-2006, 07:56 AM

all im saying is that playing the player should be more important than the cards. if you know the BB is a loose aggressive player do you have to raise your 33? knowing he will play back at you.

in the scenario that BB is very aggressive you probably only should :

1. fold it preflop
2. limp it preflop
3. raise call the reraise.

just my opininion.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway guys i should really meet some of you other 2+2ers out there and discuss how much cooler/smarter we are than everyone else...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Between the 4 of us we've played nealry 50 events. Togeather we have 1 cash...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see why? Lose the ego.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is terrible thinking... Just because you can't stand a reraise is no reason to not raise...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is utterly ridiculously untrue. If he intends to fold the 33 here he should be raising literally any 2 cards on the button because they play just as well after the flop and you dump them preflop just the same.