Old 07-25-2006, 07:28 PM
AngusThermopyle AngusThermopyle is offline

Location: Riding Binky toward Ankh-Morpork
Default Re: ANYBODY ELSE HAVE STARTING DAYS CHANGED???

Happy Bday
Old 07-25-2006, 09:13 PM
OrcaDK OrcaDK is offline

Location: MTH

Thanks m8.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:54 PM
tourney guy tourney guy is offline

Don't you know it is your fault that you were originally given a day, and that that day is now booked, and it is better for Harrahs to give you another day???

How dare you complain that your flight will now have to be changed, and your cost, and hotel, at your cost, and loss of vacation time with your employer, at your cost!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 03:09 PM
DVaut1 DVaut1 is offline

Location: Ann Arbor, MI

[ QUOTE ]
They tell me that the first one they sent was the day I was probobly gonna start on.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's disgusting. If the OP got the same confirmation email that the rest of us likely did, we can all confirm that NOWHERE in the email did it say that was the day we would *probably* get. If the OP's story is legit, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, Harrah's sucks for the following reasons:

1) Allowing players to choose their own days - this isn't necessarily an egregious problem, except that...
2) What seems to have happened is that Harrah's did not monitor the registration; one day (in this case, 1A) is now severely under-populated, necessitating day-changes for those who were ALREADY CONFIRMED to start on other days.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:22 PM
AngusThermopyle AngusThermopyle is offline

Location: Riding Binky toward Ankh-Morpork

Seemed to work in another thread.
Two magic words when dealing with Harrah's staff.

'Gaming Commission'
Old 07-26-2006, 05:30 PM
runnerunner runnerunner is offline

Location: hitting two outers

Phone, not e-mail.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anybody got a number for these people????

[/ QUOTE ]

1-800- F HARRAHS is what I found on WSOP website.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-26-2006, 05:41 PM
sekrah sekrah is offline

Holy crap.. With the number of idiots (IQ >80) heading towards the WSOP with mixed up starting dates, this has the potential of disaster written all over it..

I can just see about 700 people showing up on day 1D and finding out they were suppose to play on day 1A and they aren't allowed to play in it.

LVPD Riot Squad better be on high alert.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:29 PM
billyb billyb is offline

why they let anyone choose thier starting day is beyond me.
since the early ones got to choose and the late ones get screwed.

peace
wwonka
Old 07-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Botchman Botchman is offline

Well after numerous emails, I got an email stating that my day has been changed back to DAY 1D.
I was pretty pissed off at this whole situation 3 DAYS B4 the tourny my day gets changed WTF
I suggest everyone confirm their starting days before Day 1A as they seem to be a bunch of idiots.And just to confirm the emails I recieved here they are...check the dates

Old 07-28-2006, 03:06 AM
DocMartin DocMartin is offline

Location: being Canadian again

I talked to a guy tonight who just arrived from Australia thinking he was starting Day 1C and found out they switched him to 1A. He is rolling with it but would have liked to get over the lack of sleep and jet lag before playing.