Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2006, 06:33 PM

Default Re: (OT) Long Time Coming.... upon many requests.... The Snarf Saga

[ QUOTE ]

not really, but you bring up an important point.

I think that it's important to realize that realistically there really isn't a "the one". We as humans are very adaptable and have an insurmountable number of needs and desires that are in a constant state of flux. A year ago you could probably of met someone whom you considered to be "the one" but a year later or even a few months you would laugh at yourself for considering such an option. The fact is that if you stood in a city and drew a 10-mile circle radius around you, you would find your "one true love" a few times over in this circle. I'm not trying to offend you, but i have found that when dealing with [censored] situations it helps to be realistic, and even a little blunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to agree with this logic. I guess I do again, I don't know.

Like I said, I didn't believe in 'the one' until I met her.

So now? Its tough to think about.

Maybe I was wrong about her. Maybe we'll end up together in the end. Maybe I was wrong about there even being a 'one'.

Who knows. not me.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:40 PM

you think she was the "one" because you met her. If you met smoeone else first who had the same affect on you, you'd feel the same about her. The problem is that it's harder to meet this someone else because you still have this thought in your head about her being "the one".
Old 07-23-2006, 06:42 PM

If she's dating your friend then she's probably not the one for you. You said "she went along with it" but really you should be equally pissed at both of them and don't let her rebuild Karma points by consoling you on the phone for hours. She's just trying to make herself feel better.

Sorry for another blunt one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Hope everything works out. And don't move away because of this. The best thing you could do is live your life and find someone else and pull down a few tourneys while you are at it. Use the money you would have wasted taking her out and go party it up in Cancun or something.

rvg
Old 07-23-2006, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you think she was the "one" because you met her. If you met smoeone else first who had the same affect on you, you'd feel the same about her. The problem is that it's harder to meet this someone else because you still have this thought in your head about her being "the one".

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe your right, C-dog --- you're certainly right about the 2nd part...but its only been 6 months and there is still plenty of life to live.

I actually almost dated a girl recently that I was really into. That was good progress/a big step for me. Thats a whole other wierd/akward/messy/long story in of itself...but currently she is dating one of my friends and I am happy for them.

The thing Curtains, is that I have been through this before. I'm not 19. This girl was different. This expereince was different.

I don't know though, maybe you're still right.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:48 PM

The difference between her and this former friend:

She was incredible with me and helped me through this whole thing. ... still does... she is still a good friend, albeit one that I have little socialization with...

He never talked to me about, lectured me when he did, ignored me for a month striaght when I was trying to be his friend - even after he stabbed me in the back - etc..etc..etc.. Every time I try to forgive him, move on, and be the bigger person in the situat9ion...He busts out some new [censored]-wad move to slap me back down.

Yet still, I continue to forgive him and try to reach out to him and make the situation work.

(There is a close-knit "group" of people, maybe 15 large that hangs out maybe 5+ times a week. He and I and her are all a part of it.)

We had a great conversation two weeks ago, and Ithoguht maybe it would all be alright between him and I.

Last weekened I discovered he doesn't remember a word of it.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:55 PM

Snarf, I can't comment on this situation without knowing how you broke up with the the girl in the first place, especially if:

[ QUOTE ]
We managed to find a road that led us to breaking up, while still thinking we were meant to be together.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-23-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Snarf, I can't comment on this situation without knowing how you broke up with the the girl in the first place, especially if:

[ QUOTE ]
We managed to find a road that led us to breaking up, while still thinking we were meant to be together.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not a typical situation.

We did not break up thinking we weren't right for each other. We did not break up thinking we were over. We broke up thinking we would pretty likely get back together down the road...

...but just that our relationship wasn't working..

...I need to heal and grow in some areas...

...she need to grow up in some areas...(like 7 years younger than me)

Her and i agree..that I guess I don't know if she is the one for me, but I certainly don't think she isn't.

Also, not typical:

we saw each other 4ish times a week for months after our breakup until the last month or two.

we are still close friends.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, not typical:

we saw each other 4ish times a week for months after our breakup until the last month or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience this never works out well. One of the two is always unhappy with the current arrangement.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, not typical:

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience this never works out well. One of the two is always unhappy with the current arrangement.

[/ QUOTE ]

We were getting along wonderfully until her and this guy started hooking up.

We had some problems for a while after that. Then we started giving each other more space.

Now, we don't see or talk much, but get along great when we do.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

She was incredible with me and helped me through this whole thing. ... still does... she is still a good friend, albeit one that I have little socialization with...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad, very bad - sorry but this is her making herself feel ok with the whole thing, and is keeping you still in love with her. This really isn't helping you, it's helping her.

I'm not saying she doesn't care, I'm saying it's not really helping you.

I think you need to seperate yourself from her. Lose the number, the email, the IM whatever it takes.

You can forgive her - and him - that is honestly very hard to do, and speaks great of your character if you can. I think in your best interest you need to say I forgive you, but I'm moving on - I hope you have a nice life.

It sucks and everything I said is a lot more easier said than done, but it's been long enough get away from her.

I don't think you'll get over her until you do. In some sense you probably know this, and don't want to get over her.

All in all - bad situation - feel for you dude -

You're Money Baby and you don't even know it.