Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2006, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Clerks II

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had never seen Clerks until last night.

I got it on On-Demand, and turned it off after 30 minutes. I thought it was pretty tedious, slow, and not funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad move. I'm trying to remember what parts you would have seen in 30 minutes, but Clerks. is gold. I mean, 37? In a row? is classic.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I saw that part. it was funny...but one of only 2 or 3 in the half hour I watched. the rest was just...people talking.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I got it on On-Demand, and turned it off after 30 minutes. I thought it was pretty tedious, slow, and not funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad move. I'm trying to remember what parts you would have seen in 30 minutes, but Clerks. is gold. I mean, 37? In a row? is classic.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I saw that part. it was funny...but one of only 2 or 3 in the half hour I watched. the rest was just...people talking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, they should have blown up the slushy machine. And then had a car chase.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's "goodbye horses"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the song that Buffalo Bill danced to in Silence of the Lambs. Which explains why Jay is dancing in the same manner that Buffalo Bill did in Silence of the Lambs.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, they should have blown up the slushy machine. And then had a car chase.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes! or interesting dialogue, that would have been nice
Old 07-22-2006, 02:13 AM

I cannot wait to see this movie.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:56 AM

this movie was pretty bad, albeit funny.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw it last night. Non-stop laughing, the kind where you think you might die soon because you haven't breathed. the writing is so good. my only complaint is the guy that plays dante can't act to save his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that's why the star of Kevin Smith's hugely talked about, explosively popular first movie when absolutely dead in the water NOWHERE after the movie. Super bizarre to see. I thought he was okay in the movie, but I guess I have a blind spot and wasn't really expecting mastery from either the actors or the director on that film. Always eeems to me that Dante got short-changed, though. The world is full of indifferent or MUCH worse actors in far less interestng films and shows who make it.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The most glaring bad acting by Dante in the original is when hes getting reamed after the fight by Randall and just looks like and idiot. Hes not even saying anything but he does it terribly.

And the scene where hes reading the paper/magazine while talking to Dante and he actually [censored] stutters through a part of it.

Otherwise its a great movie, but the kind you just chill and watch as its all dialogue all the time.

Ill probably catch Clerks II on DVD etc, not too interested, am definitely afraid it will ruin the original.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy who plays, what is it, Randall? the vid store clerk? has a number of missteps and mistimings too, but the movie was so amateurish I left all the blame with the director along with all the great credit I was more than willing to ascribe. Kevin Smith can do great dialogue and work an ordinary situation really damn well. I guess with all the actors who have been cast as sensitive, perceptive geniuses because of their writers and directors, it's more than fair to blame the occasional actor for being less than stellar when a director is out ot lunch.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:33 AM

Clerks was shot for like 30,000 bucks on maxed out credit cards
none of the people in the movie were real actors...not like they could do a ton of takes.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:02 AM

I saw it last night, and will need to see it again to catch all the dialogue I missed while laughing my ass off.

FUNNY movie.