Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2006, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Cooking Question - Pot Roast Meat?

Good lord I can't believe this hasn't been posted.

Alton Brown's pot roast
Old 07-22-2006, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Alton Brown's pot roast

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 07-22-2006, 03:39 AM

Anybody had success in a slow cooker with this? Always wanted to try it that way.\

P.S> good luck Katie!
Old 07-22-2006, 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Try this if the regular way isn't working. Makes juicy pot roast everytime! Seriously, it's great!! You can find it in the spices section of your local grocery store.

Pot Roast in a Bag

[/ QUOTE ]

Lovely.

I suppose the bag would come in handy when you barf it back up after eating it...

-J
Old 07-22-2006, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody had success in a slow cooker with this? Always wanted to try it that way.\

P.S> good luck Katie!

[/ QUOTE ]
Super easy TENDER TASTY roast
Sear a chuck roast.
Put in crockpot on high.
after 30 minutes add a packet of Liptons Onion Soup (1 1/2 or 2 packets if roast is particularly large)
Cook till done (being as it's in a crockpot, there's not really an exact timing to it.

Same recipe can be used for one cooked in oven..just cook on a low oven, and line pan in foil so that you can cover roast while cooking.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Alton Brown's pot roast

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to take Reading Comprehension 101.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WRT to the your pot/pan - I am a huge believer in Le Creuset. they make cast iron cookware that will literally last your lifetime. it is expensive, but if you are serious about cooking - particularly rich dishes like pot roast - you will love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kneel B4 Zod - My mom gave me an orange pot a few years back. She said she didn't use it anymore. I didn't realize how expensive those things were! No wonder she looked pissed off when she saw my boyfriend feeding his dog with it. She only brought that up like every time I went to visit her. Anyway the orange one has been missing a few years now.

For some reason I'm determined to learn how to make my roast in a conventional oven. But now that I've been looking at Le Creuset cookware online I'm starting to want one of these:

I think they're about $215.00. I believe I need one.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WRT to the your pot/pan - I am a huge believer in Le Creuset. they make cast iron cookware that will literally last your lifetime. it is expensive, but if you are serious about cooking - particularly rich dishes like pot roast - you will love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kneel B4 Zod - My mom gave me an orange pot a few years back. She said she didn't use it anymore. I didn't realize how expensive those things were! No wonder she looked pissed off when she saw my boyfriend feeding his dog with it. She only brought that up like every time I went to visit her. Anyway the orange one has been missing a few years now.

For some reason I'm determined to learn how to make my roast in a conventional oven. But now that I've been looking at Le Creuset cookware online I'm starting to want one of these:

I think they're about $215.00. I believe I need one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Katy

I always make pot roast stove top using the Le Creuset-pretty much the same recipe that Kneel B4 Zod explains, and its really good when you add a jar of prepared horseradish(I will dig up the recipe for you if you want it, I am not 100% sure off the top of my head)

I have made it for large family gatherings and have gotten nothing but rave reviews!

A couple of really good pots are worth the investment if you are going to use them.

That big Le Creuset is also perfect for steaming crab legs! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2006, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S> good luck Katie!

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg,

We almot always make our roasts in the slow cooker now. It just too easy and comes out so well.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:55 PM

I know some people who can cook one in a frying pan. God bless 'em. For the rest of us, they invented the pressure cooker. No mess, shorter cooking time, and meat so tender you can cut it with a spoon.