Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2006, 09:52 AM

Default Re: 1/2 TT UTG

[ QUOTE ]
Edit to say: If you didn't limp-reraise and there's no flush draw on the flop, I think you should fold to CO's flop raise once SB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak ... That flop is a call, you are closing the action with your call getting 1:14 Small bet and it won't be hard to make up for this call postflop. You have to see the turn.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit to say: If you didn't limp-reraise and there's no flush draw on the flop, I think you should fold to CO's flop raise once SB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the place where I thought I may have misplayed the hand. At the time, I thought SB would call a pretty wide range of hands since he had been doing that sort of stuff all night. Still, I think that once he calls the raise I am toast and I could have saved myself a bet. If SB had check/called on the turn, I would have folded as well.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak ... That flop is a call, you are closing the action with your call getting 1:14 Small bet and it won't be hard to make up for this call postflop. You have to see the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

At what point do you consider it a fold? 14:1 is awfully shy given that you need to make up 4BB on average postflop when they have an Ace, and in those cases you'll be subject to 6-9 outs as a redraw against your hand.

Rob
Old 07-21-2006, 12:37 PM

u play 100-200 at your home game with friends? wow. must have rich friends.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:40 PM

For me it looks like a call, a close one but still a call, if you spike a T you should easily get your 4 BB postflop. They both seems to have a big hand and CO could even give you one more free card if he pulled a move on you with stuff like 77, since he might be scared of the SB cold call. And in my mind folding here right away after someone raise you on a AA3 flop looks exploitable. At 100/200 you often see someone raising the A flop with stuff like 77 and betting it to the river hoping you'll fold your big pair.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At 100/200 you often see someone raising the A flop with stuff like 77 and betting it to the river hoping you'll fold your big pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the case, then you're calling down if SB folds the turn, right?
Old 07-22-2006, 08:45 PM

I think you have to see the turn here just because of your position, you will be acting last on the turn when it goes check check bet, which means that if sb folds you can seriously consider calling down, if sb donks the turn or c/r you have an easy muck. i think for one sb i am seeing the turn here.