Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 04:36 AM

Default Re: ravens superbow champs?

I like the Ravens too. I took them at +450 to Win the AFC North (VIP). I also got them at +4000 to win the Super Bowl (VIP). But, I got those prices a few weeks ago, so maybe they've changed.

Don't get me wrong, I realize the AFC is insanely tough, the AFC North is about the toughest division in football, etc. But, Cincy is vulnerable with questions about Palmer, plus all of the off the field stuff during the offseason. Same with the Steelers. Then again, I never expected the Steelers to make that playoff run last year either, so maybe they'll prove me wrong again. Just remember that the Pats went 9-7 and missed the playoffs after their first Super Bowl win. I expect about the same with the Steelers this year. So,
Ravens 10-6
Steelers 9-7
Bengals 8-8
Browns 7-9

As for the Ravens getting out of the AFC, I think Indy & Denver are the class of the AFC, but the rest of the teams have some questions. I'll give the Pats a pass just because of Belicheck, but the Chiefs, Dolphins, Chargers, Jags, Steelers, Bengals all leave me wondering how they'll perform. Here's my favorites for making it out of the AFC.
1.Colts
2.Broncos
3.Pats
4-6.Steelers/Jags/Ravens
7-10.Chiefs/Dolphins/Chargers/Bengals
Old 07-25-2006, 11:29 PM

Ravens have a lot of question marks because of their tough division but I must agree they have a lot going for them as a dark horse candidate. That's a pretty sweet money line on them taking the title.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:43 PM

Mcnair looked pretty good in purple.... or is that just me?
Old 08-16-2006, 03:45 PM

Mcnair loves the tight end, remember mcnair to frank wycheck? Todd Heap is definately that type of target for him, along with his former #1 derrick mason.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:38 PM

feelin good about my pick so far... wishing i bet on them for the division with a bigger chunk o change
Old 09-17-2006, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if the ravens start off 0-2 which is a decent chance considering their competittion against the eagles and giants should i expect the line to change much?

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2006, 11:36 PM

This is the wrong time to bet on the Ravens, after they've won 2 games. You always buy low, buy teams that have underperformed but are expected to kick ass because they're good like NE or Seattle.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if the ravens start off 0-2 which is a decent chance considering their competittion against the eagles and giants should i expect the line to change much?

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i looked at their preaseason schedule by mistake when i originally posted this- obviously my mistake
Old 09-18-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the wrong time to bet on the Ravens, after they've won 2 games. You always buy low, buy teams that have underperformed but are expected to kick ass because they're good like NE or Seattle.

[/ QUOTE ]

i realize this is the wrong time to bet on the ravens... however i bet on them before their first preseason game...... i was jus saying i WISH I HAD put money on them for the division as well
Old 09-18-2006, 04:05 PM

They have shut down Tampa Bay who only scored 3 points in their other game and Oakland who failed to score at all against San Diego. Lets wait and see if they can do it against better offensive teams. Also, McNair is yet to be tested. IMHO the jury is still out on him. The division is too tough to call this early in the season. I doubt all three (Cincy, Balt, & Pit) make the playoffs. So, which one (or two) is out? I lean towards Baltimore not making it to the playoffs. Cicny has a very rough schedule tho. Steelers still have question marks with injuries and depth at QB and RB. Like I said, who knows at this point?