Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who's farts would smell worse?
King Kong 15 55.56%
Godzilla 9 33.33%
Some other Movie Monster (please list below) 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2006, 04:10 PM

Default Re: SSNLHE two volumes

[ QUOTE ]
NLHTP isn't really a "How To" manual - it's a bit more theoretical in nature.....our book will be a hands-on primer on what to do, what not to do, etc.....also, different material and concepts will be covered......

thanks for the interest guys - we'll keep you posted....

-Sunny

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really looking forward to this. I've found that I haven't taken to NLHTP the same way I did to the HOH series mostly because I need to see hands "in action'. I'm sure there are many others who feel they learn best this way as well.

Also, I don't suppose you guys could use some amateur proofreading and editing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It may be a bit of a help to have a few NL fanatics pick apart the book before it is released.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:39 AM

What limits are u expecting this to be focused on?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:19 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller

[ QUOTE ]
What limits are u expecting this to be focused on?

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly, the material will be applicable at any level.....perhaps there are a lot of in-depth things about playing really specific high stakes shorthanded games or something like that which won't be covered (at least in volume one [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ), but most of the concepts are universal and we'll teach you how to apply them to your game specifics....

the majority of the hand examples though will be around the 1/2nl-ish range (some lower and some up to 2/5nl).....
Old 07-20-2006, 03:24 PM

While you're here, SSHE is written for games with players that play too many hands and go too far with them (that's close to verbatim with the catch-phrase anyway). Is there a similar style of opponent for this book? Is it primarily for opponents who are straight-forward?

Jared
Old 07-20-2006, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the same boat--it took me a month to go from 10 to 25 NL but when I get past NL 200 is when models start asking for my phone number (okay, hopefully sooner than that). Anyway, count me in for buying both books.

[/ QUOTE ]

The games are tougher now. Models don't kick in until NL400.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm really looking forward to this. I've found that I haven't taken to NLHTP the same way I did to the HOH series mostly because I need to see hands "in action'. I'm sure there are many others who feel they learn best this way as well.

Also, I don't suppose you guys could use some amateur proofreading and editing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It may be a bit of a help to have a few NL fanatics pick apart the book before it is released.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the encouragement. Both your comments are spot on what we are thinking. SSNL will be full of hand examples. We will ask several strong no limit players from 2+2 to review the text prior to publication. And a few not-so-strong ones to make sure the concepts are presented clearly.

After that - jobs and the second book permitting - it would be fun to have a book review series in the SSNL forum. Some SSNL sacred cows will get tipped.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While you're here, SSHE is written for games with players that play too many hands and go too far with them (that's close to verbatim with the catch-phrase anyway). Is there a similar style of opponent for this book? Is it primarily for opponents who are straight-forward?

Jared

[/ QUOTE ]

Jared,

The second book will have extensive material on evaluating opponents and adjusting to different playing styles and game conditions. That will include loose games and loose opponents. However, we won't focus heavily on any opponent or game type.

Matt
Old 07-20-2006, 06:54 PM

Matt and Sunny

As we breathlessly await the new book, can you recomend any other good material for aspiring NL newbs? Have either of you read the Fox & Harker book, and if so, any comments? Any other good sources or articles online?

While I'm at it, let me be the first to ask the standard questions:

1. When can we preorder it?

2. When will it be at my local book store?

3. Will it have a gun on the cover?
Old 07-20-2006, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And a few not-so-strong ones to make sure the concepts are presented clearly.

[/ QUOTE ]
i fit this description, where do i sign up?
Old 07-21-2006, 08:53 AM

Just a few questions:
1) Will there be a shorthanded (6 max) section?
2) Is there any chance of Volume 3 workbook?
3) I am assuming this book is not written for the beginner can you confirm?

Thanks.