Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2006, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Tourney Report

Congrats. Is this you?

Old 07-18-2006, 02:20 PM

Congrats and well played!

Ken
Old 07-18-2006, 02:35 PM

Nice work Ian!!

Pics of braclet please. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

WOOOT!!!!

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 07-18-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Strategy question in hand against Greenstein

[ QUOTE ]
Same level some guy who replaced Shaniac raises in the CO and I 3 bet it w/ 66 in the SB and now Barry Greenstein just decides to 4 bet it in the BB and I'm sick again. QQ7 flop has me check calling and I do the same when a Q hits the turn. The river is a J and Barry makes in my opinion a very poor check behind on the river as my intention was to check fold. I suppose Barry has no way of knowing that I'm capable of this level of thought so it's not his fault really, but he could have won this one. He flashed AKs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently, i'm not capable of that level of thought, either. Why would you fold the River after you called on the Turn here?

I realize that the J might have hit Barry's AJ, but i don't see that as likely enough to make you fold on the River. I would have played Barry's hand like he did, except possibly checking on the Turn (depending on my reads and chip stacks).

Also, i'd be folding 66 here in most tourney situations, unless i had a good read on my opponent or stack sizes suggest the play. Then again, i'm something of a wuss, especially out of position.

Regardless, i don't think that the pre-flop 3-bet is nearly as big of an issue as a Turn check-call followed by a River check-fold. Even as a wuss, I'd prefer a River check-raise to a River check-fold.

p.s. Congrats and thanks for the report.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Strategy question in hand against Greenstein

Congrats Ian, another great showing for 2+2.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Same level some guy who replaced Shaniac raises in the CO and I 3 bet it w/ 66 in the SB and now Barry Greenstein just decides to 4 bet it in the BB and I'm sick again. QQ7 flop has me check calling and I do the same when a Q hits the turn. The river is a J and Barry makes in my opinion a very poor check behind on the river as my intention was to check fold. I suppose Barry has no way of knowing that I'm capable of this level of thought so it's not his fault really, but he could have won this one. He flashed AKs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently, i'm not capable of that level of thought, either. Why would you fold the River after you called on the Turn here?

I realize that the J might have hit Barry's AJ, but i don't see that as likely enough to make you fold on the River. I would have played Barry's hand like he did, except possibly checking on the Turn (depending on my reads and chip stacks).

Also, i'd be folding 66 here in most tourney situations, unless i had a good read on my opponent or stack sizes suggest the play. Then again, i'm something of a wuss, especially out of position.

Regardless, i don't think that the pre-flop 3-bet is nearly as big of an issue as a Turn check-call followed by a River check-fold. Even as a wuss, I'd prefer a River check-raise to a River check-fold.

p.s. Congrats and thanks for the report.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's higher levels of thinking. He would fold because he knows that Barry knows that 66 should call here because Barry can be bluffing with AKss, so anytime Barry bets here he has a real hand. HOWEVER, Barry doesn't know how good a player he is, so he assumes his bluff gets called by any hand that beats him and he just checks behind.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:04 PM

Congrats!
Old 07-18-2006, 03:24 PM

Congrats Ian! It was a pleasure to meet you and play with you. Just wish you could have had 77 that one hand (KTTx board) and folded to my turn 3bet [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. As for the blind v. blind, as you deducted from our conversations later, it was a bluff/protection bet. I had A9, and was planning to call down, but figured a better line would be to raise the turn, folding a hand with outs, or perhaps getting you to fold a winner. You definately got the best of me, though, all told.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:38 PM

Story on Ian's win.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:53 PM

Great read, thanks, and congrats!