Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Here\'s your terrorist recruitment center

The Prime Minister Of Canada said today “We are not going to give in to the temptation of some to single out Israel, which was the victim of the initial attack ”. He also went on to say “But obviously we urge Israel and others to minimize civilian damage. It is difficult, though. We recognize it is difficult when you’re fighting a non-governmental organization that’s embedded in a civilian population ”.

The Canadian Arab Federation issued a release holding Harper responsible for the dead Canadians because he had not urged restraint on Israel. Uh-huh.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The notion that it is possible to avoid civilian casuaulties while fighting a guerilla warefare against a group that fires missiles from within villages in Southern Lebanon (and not from Military bases, obviously) is sadly a mistaken one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't read the link or cyrus's post? This was in gaza.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If 9 of my family members were killed because Mexico was attacking, I might want to enlist in the US Army, but I would not feel I was justified in retaliating by blowing myself up on a bus filled with Mexican civilians. I guess you would, pity you have so little respect for human life.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the worst hijack ever.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But who in his right mind would blame 'Awad if he blows himself up tomorrow in a busy Haifa bus stop?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're joking, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Violence begets violence. I certainly would blame him if he decided to go and murder other people, but it's pretty likely that he would. Do we expect him to just say "Oh well, [censored] happens"?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:04 PM

You stand corrected, since you are wrong in attributing the Iraq war to 9/11, which no one has ever claimed.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But who in his right mind would blame 'Awad if he blows himself up tomorrow in a busy Haifa bus stop?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're joking, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Violence begets violence. I certainly would blame him if he decided to go and murder other people, but it's pretty likely that he would. Do we expect him to just say "Oh well, [censored] happens"?

[/ QUOTE ]

When two soldiers are kidnapped, or an 18 year old is murdered by a terrorist organization, it's war on a nation. When a family of 9 dies, [censored] happens.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When two soldiers are kidnapped, or an 18 year old is murdered by a terrorist organization, it's war on a nation. When a family of 9 being used as human shields by terrorists dies, [censored] happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-17-2006, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When two soldiers are kidnapped, or an 18 year old is murdered by a terrorist organization, it's war on a nation. When a family of 9 being used as human shields by terrorists dies, [censored] happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate exams as much as anyone, but somehow I don't think University professors qualify as terrorists.

Also, if a policeman is chasing a murderer in a crowd, should he just start blasting away with a shotgun?
Old 07-17-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if a policeman is chasing a murderer in a crowd, should he just start blasting away with a shotgun?

[/ QUOTE ]

That you equate random bystanders to an escape with the intentional placement of strategic assets in civilian areas in an attempt to protect those assets demonstrates that you dont have any concept of equivalence.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate exams as much as anyone, but somehow I don't think University professors qualify as terrorists.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is it not ok for the policeman to go blasting everyone in the crowd but it's ok for Israel to bomb houses with civilians in them? Why isn't it just "[censored] happening" when the policeman sprays the crowd?