Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 01:29 PM

Default Re: (60) early trips hand

Against a normal opponent I don't mind a call here, pushing over a non-ace river bet, in order to extract more from a hand you're killing. But this villain doesn't seem cognizant of the fact he has a slider, so it's all too likely you're only going to see him fire out 20 more on the river.

In this case I think a push (or a decent raise) is better, especially in weird cases where he has a flush or straight draw (he's obviously a donk after all). If he has AA or a K, somebody is getting somebody's stack, no matter when the chips go in.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:32 PM

I prefer a call here. You have position on the river and you're obviously WA/WB here.

His minreraise is confusing, but the only hands that make sense for his range (that beat you) are 55, AA, AK. I assume we dont have any strong reads on him. that said, im getting all in here somehow.

The best way to do this is to call this turn and push/call all in on the river. Villain is never drawing to anything here. He has 2 or 3 outs if he's behind, so you dont have to protect your hand. Let him bluff/value bet on the river and PROFIT.

Call > push bc if he is bluffing, hes not going to put more money in. If he has an A, hes not going to call a push. Let him keep betting. Calling is more fun than pushing anyway! RIGHT?!
Old 07-17-2006, 04:34 PM

I think you have the best hand.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i wasn't really thinking of folding. can someone address push vs call?

[/ QUOTE ]

So does OP. I think he wanted some analysis.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:44 PM

call looks best here IMO. as much aggression as he has shown he is surely going to bet the river and a raise to get it allin will be so easy. if you push the turn you are saying that you have a king and dont care what he has so there is a chance he might fold his ace if thats what he has. if he has a king then it dont matter cause its all going in anyways. i wouldnt be too worried about draws here as i think if he is drawing its thin enough to where we dont have to protect our hand on the turn.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His minreraise is confusing, but the only hands that make sense for his range (that beat you) are 55, AA, AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is never drawing to anything here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given his ridiculous behavior (betting 20 into a 260 pot vs. 5 players?!?!) I think it's almost impossible to put him on any sort of range that 'makes sense', or to rule out him calling a push with an Ace (he has outs after all [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) or a straight or flush draw.

And I really wouldn't expect to see any sort of worthwhile bluff on the river from a guy who so far has limped/minbet/minbet/minraised his way through the hand.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:55 PM

FWIW his most likely hand is a weaker K. After that, i wouldnt be suprised to see A5. A lot of fish get so pissed that their 2 pair has been counterfitted that they refuse to lay it down.

Expect to see KJs a lot.