Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Four hands: played well, or not so much?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm worried about #1. Both your reply and the next one say it's a clear bet but I just knew he had a Jack. I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT, because they ALWAYS have a Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]
SpaceAce, you only knew it because you've been running poorly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I think you're right that I should have bet, I no longer think I am running bad. I just don't believe anyone can lose this much for this long without sucking at poker. So, I need to figure out where I've started leaking chips.

SpaceAce
Old 07-17-2006, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I lost 115BB's in one session about a week ago. I was lucky to win most of it back the next day.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be OK, except that I have had SEVERAL -3 digit sessions in the last couple of months and no big wins the following day to make up for it.

SpaceAce
Old 07-17-2006, 11:07 AM

Can you post your positional stats over the last 60k hands?

I would imagine your losing more in the blinds than you should be, rather than on button or Co like in most of the hands you just posted.

BTW the hands you did post your just running bad.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:20 AM

Well, when you are running bad, it sucks, and you just can't believe that it's happening. Certainly during times like these I've thought to myself "I should probably give this game up" and "Maybe I'm not as good of a player as I thought I was." If you continue to play, study, and observe your opponents, everything will work out well for you in the end. Maybe give up the online for a while and play live. The live fish are so much worse than the online donkeys, believe it or not.

Oh, and when the villain donks the turn in the Q44 hand, I just call down.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you post your positional stats over the last 60k hands?

I would imagine your losing more in the blinds than you should be, rather than on button or Co like in most of the hands you just posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted detailed positional stats the other day at someone else's request. I'm not doing so hot in the blinds right now, but those numbers only started looking uglyish in the last 20,000 hands or so. For the 30K+ before that, I was doing quite well in the blinds and losing anyway.

SpaceAce
Old 07-17-2006, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that I raised, do you think I can safely fold to a three-bet?

SpaceAce
Old 07-17-2006, 11:39 AM

i've said it before, i guess i'll say it again. many rakeback pros in this game shoot for breaking even. you're less than 1 bb/100 away from that. maybe you're running slightly bad and still have a few kinks to work out with your game. there are several other 2+2ers in the same boat as you. one way to ensure never improving is by letting past results affect your play. obviously, not letting results get to you is easier said than done.

have you tried playing another site? maybe playing 10k at party would be a nice change of pace. i dunno.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that I raised, do you think I can safely fold to a three-bet?

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think it's safe to fold to the 3-bet. When you are running bad, a calldown is standard, but here villain says he can beat AA, so you are drawing to 2 outs 90% of the time.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i've said it before, i guess i'll say it again. many rakeback pros in this game shoot for breaking even. you're less than 1 bb/100 away from that. maybe you're running slightly bad and still have a few kinks to work out with your game. there are several other 2+2ers in the same boat as you. one way to ensure never improving is by letting past results affect your play. obviously, not letting results get to you is easier said than done.

have you tried playing another site? maybe playing 10k at party would be a nice change of pace. i dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the problem is I suspect that the kinks in my game are new kinks, not old ones I never worked out. I'm afraid my game has deteriorated but I'm not sure how or where.

I've put in a few thousand hands at UB lately. I'm not crushing that game, either, but at least I am winning.

SpaceAce
Old 07-17-2006, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think it's safe to fold to the 3-bet. When you are running bad, a calldown is standard, but here villain says he can beat AA, so you are drawing to 2 outs 90% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I thought. I just didn't want to believe he had a 4 and I was sure he didn't have AA. I suck at the poker [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I knew I should fold but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

That hand bothers me a lot because I put in a lot of money while behind which is unusual for me. I usually get my money in good then get sucked out on. I find it distressing when I start putting in money bad in addition to losing when I put it in good.

SpaceAce