Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2006, 06:42 AM

Default Re: How do you feel about Antonio Esfandiari?

links? I've never read anything the guy's written.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:52 AM

He is repressing his sexuality, and whilst what he does in the privacy of his own home is none of our business, his constant talk of "betties" is a clear ruse to hide his obvious shining homosexuality. Now don't get me wrong that's nothing to be ashamed of it, so I ask, why is he so ashamed he has to put on this ludicrous "betties" act?

Mack
Old 01-20-2006, 07:01 AM

AE's problem is that he like many other poker players have bought into this whole notion that they are in fact rock stars/cool. They can be placed in the same category as reality tv show stars...but the majority of reality TV show stars are aware of the fact that they are losers in real life and that their supposed fame and star status is somewhat of a joke.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:02 AM

azaycriz,

You need to understand this:

[ QUOTE ]
rocks and rings bitch.

seriously though, he is 1.4.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why he is such a tard, and provides me with such endless amusement. Just rootle around his website. Then all will become clear.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:17 AM

He a playa no doubt, and his wave is well respected among the "betty" community.

Mack
Old 01-20-2006, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So image aside (personally, I'd feel stupid doing the hand wave thing myself), is he generally respected for his poker skills among the poker elite?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
azaycriz,

You need to understand this:

[ QUOTE ]
rocks and rings bitch.

seriously though, he is 1.4.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why he is such a tard, and provides me with such endless amusement. Just rootle around his website. Then all will become clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the key. Once you know what 1.4 is you too will understand.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've read nothing but disdain for this man. Seems like people think he sucks for some reason and he's kind of like the butt of every joke. I don't know anything about him except seeing him on TV a couple of times, so I'm curious. If you have an opinion on this man, what is it, and why do you feel this way?

Of course, I could be totally off on my read that there is any consensus at all about him among the poker community. If that's the case, sorry and nevermind.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wrote several articles (I think for bluff mag) expressing how cool he is. How awesome everyone thinks he is for skipping past the little peons outside the club and going right to his VIP table with bottle-service where all the lovely hotties are staring at hime because he knows how cool they think he is...so he does his little wave at them inside the posh club and they all giggle and want to be with him.

etc etc etc.

Someone can dig up all the various articles by him.

He semi-invented his own slang.
'Rocks and Rings' is popular.
When something is 'Soooooo 1.4' that means it's really good or cool. 1.4 million was how much he won in his WPT title so they use that number.

I am really torn as to how I feel about Antonio.
Is he just retardedly gay, a total dick, or a giant douche?

If you had a poll about him and those were the only options I would have a very difficult time voting.
I am initially leaning towards 'giant douche' but I might change my mind towards 'retardedly gay' upon further contemplation.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your perception is pretty much accurate. Alot of people on the internet like to ridicule his image, his website, and his articles. It's all spitefulness and jealousy. I think it only makes those posters that think it's cool to make fun of him look bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a stretch on your part to write this off to spitefulness or jealousy. Antonio is a big boy and if he wants to come off as obnoxious and showing a total lack of class at the poker table, then I'm certain he is comfortable with these types of negative comments. As I type I am listening to Lyle Berman on Larry Grossman's radio show discuss how players used to win large pots and simply scoop them up -- not do the wave or call men twice their age, 'son.' That is the image Antonio has cultivated for himself.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:56 AM

I thin in order to fully appreciate the disdain everyone has for this individual, nothing is better than reading his personal web site: http://www.magicantonio.com/

Nuf said... thread done.