Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Afterlife scenario

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely Saudi Arabia. What happens if you get tired walking to heaven? Do you remember the deal when you are reincarnated? Do you get that option even if you commit suicide? Tons of variables.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no memory of your previous lives or the deal if you reincarnate. Once on the road to heaven you can't go back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I keep getting reincarnated. Although if you have no memory and no continuity... kinda scary. Tough call.

nT
Old 07-15-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No I'm not. Unless you think life on earth is hell. Next time around you might get a better lot in life. If you choose the path you will eventually become an all powerful god where you can create what ever reality you can imagine.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you said you come back as a Saudi woman in a poor family. That would suck balls. I assumed that was the case for every reincarnation. Is this wrong?
Old 07-15-2006, 09:15 PM

Plus, I hate to state the obvious, but if you don't remember anything about your previous life when you are reincarnated, then it doesn't really matter.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No I'm not. Unless you think life on earth is hell. Next time around you might get a better lot in life. If you choose the path you will eventually become an all powerful god where you can create what ever reality you can imagine.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you said you come back as a Saudi woman in a poor family. That would suck balls. I assumed that was the case for every reincarnation. Is this wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

The reincarnation would work like it does in eastern philosophy but instead of karma dictating what you reincarnate to it is chance and this time you would reincarnate as a Saudi Woman. Next time could and probably would be different. Time would continue to progress too, you are not stuck in the same time period.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reincarnation would work like it does in eastern philosophy but instead of karma dictating what you reincarnate to it is chance and this time you would reincarnate as a Saudi Woman. Next time could and probably would be different. Time would continue to progress too, you are not stuck in the same time period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop me if I'm worng, but I thought the eastern Karma concept involved living a good life and being reincarnated higher up on the chain. So you can assume that if you are higher up, then you've been doning well in past lives. So there is incentive to continue. In your scheme, our choice is either to try to become a god or don't. Who cares.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop me if I'm worng, but I thought the eastern Karma concept involved living a good life and being reincarnated higher up on the chain. So you can assume that if you are higher up, then you've been doning well in past lives. So there is incentive to continue. In your scheme, our choice is either to try to become a god or don't. Who cares.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fail to see any point in your post.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:10 PM

I'm not even sure being god of my own universe would be so great and I'm not walking a trillion miles to find out. Re-incarnation for sure.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:14 PM

I'll take the walk. 100 trillion years is nothing on scale of eternity. Life isn't that great anyway for me, and I'm doing amazingly compared to an average human on the planet.

This is a good question though. I wonder what choice I make after I die as Saudi woman if I were to pick that option...
Old 07-15-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, I hate to state the obvious, but if you don't remember anything about your previous life when you are reincarnated, then it doesn't really matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i was thinking.

and if you can remember your other lives and the deal, the obvious play is to reincarnate and commit suicide over and over until you get an awesome life.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:16 PM

100 trillon years is long enough that the world will end before you reach heaven. Meaning at one juncture, if you keep reincarnating, you will be unable to reincarnate. And whoever chose Hell will be kicking themselves.