Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 10:07 AM

Default Re: wtf, a hand?

gelford, I though about 3betting at the time but if he calls my 3bet and I miss on the turn I'm absolutely [censored], no FE and my overs are (almost) never good.
If I 3bet AI I'm not sure he folds enough overpairs to make it good, I don't think there is enough dead money to make this right.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon ... somebody has got to have an opinion with an explanation as with regards to their reasoning [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If a brick hits 4th st., hero checks, villian pots it...what's ur play? Or do u 3 bet flop, and push turn even if a brick hits?

Some1 could run pokerstove and plug in villians possible range...i think calling is more efficient than 3 betting OOP when u have less than 18 outs.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think calling is more efficient than 3 betting OOP when u have less than 18 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

18 outs is freaking huge, 12 is usually good enough for me (blank statements suck, bla bla bla, but this is just a generalization)
Old 07-15-2006, 10:26 AM

What I was thinking was a push

Against two black aces you are a 61-39 dog

Against two black Jacks you are a 52-48 dog

and against a set, ok we are screwed

So it offcourse depends on reads but if there is a reasonable chance that villian is on a steal, then a 3bet/push might not be that bad. Since you intended to lead any flop, you seem to be putting him on a steal.

If he is on a steal, then the flop lead reraise is also (This assumed that we are not playing against a nit)

what did you put him on ?

Is that a suck raise on flop or a weak bluff reraise ?
Old 07-15-2006, 10:26 AM

lol, 18 outs is massive...i need sleep...that OOP advice is for PLO not HE, sorry...so is it common to felt on flop with 12 outs on the flop in HE? How much for implied odds do I need to felt it...is 2-1 decent?
Old 07-15-2006, 10:27 AM

I am not saying that my advice is goot, but I've been toying with such ideas for a while and am curious, so just looking for feedback [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2006, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
then a 3bet/push

[/ QUOTE ]

Now i like this line as well.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What I was thinking was a push

Against two black aces you are a 61-39 dog

Against two black Jacks you are a 52-48 dog

and against a set, ok we are screwed

So it offcourse depends on reads but if there is a reasonable chance that villian is on a steal, then a 3bet/push might not be that bad. Since you intended to lead any flop, you seem to be putting him on a steal.

If he is on a steal, then the flop lead reraise is also (This assumed that we are not playing against a nit)

what did you put him on ?

Is that a suck raise on flop or a weak bluff reraise ?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was thinking about this hand my thought process included that if I do think he's stealing (and I think that's likely even after the flop raise) I don't feel like I need to resteal now, I can do it later if I miss and I still think the same way. It has it's pros and it's cons (like, it will be a lot more expensive to resteal but I'll have a better idea if he's stealing or not).
Old 07-15-2006, 11:36 AM

Ummm ... you do realise you only have 1/3 chance of hitting a flush by the river with a draw there OP?

You have some more outs, but really don't want to play the turn OOP when nothing hits. With that in mind, push the flop since You have good FE against aggro's (its part of the forumala that gives you that number =P).

As played, I don't like a C/R-AI on the turn since you dont want FE. I would act as though I am protecting with AA-QQ (since that's what it looks like you have from pf and flop betting) and look like you're keeping the pot small and bet around 20. They will think they can knock you off the hand you are protecting and push or push their set at the show of overpair weakness or stay with their flush draw and call.

I think check/calling the turn sux. The pot stays small as he might check behind, and you can't bet the river for value since he will more likely fold there and be happy he only lost 19BB for (what he thinks is) a good chance to possibly stack you with air on a scary board.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:43 PM

shameless bump