Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2006, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Tough spot with AA

[ QUOTE ]
This is silly when his range is AA or KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. Either he's folding the hand to your push, or you need to start pushing him more. Figure out which it is and then do it. But posting a hand with a read like this is totally pointless. You have him on AA or KK, you're chopping or losing on that flop, this is the most obvious fold on the planet.

It's also the most obvious all in before the flop on the planet.

- C -
Old 07-13-2006, 01:55 PM

Push, he'll fold the other Aces and occasionally top set, fearing your flush, if he's as tight as you say. No worries, ARRIN.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:55 PM

You made some valid points about not wanting to fold KK PF. But you put in 1/5 of your stack PF. I would say congrats if he hit his set after that. You still have 11 outs. If he has AA you have 9 outs to win it. I just dont see any way to fold it.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Push, he'll fold the other Aces and occasionally top set, fearing your flush, if he's as tight as you say. No worries, ARRIN.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's never folding top set. He knows I'm not calling with a nonpair hand preflop. He's not an idiot, just tight.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:03 PM

I wasn't serious.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:08 PM

Basically you are either gonna get no action or get called as a dog, thats why I hate players like this. I still say jam the flop and hope to take it down right there. Still have outs if you get called.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:16 PM

Is this seriously a joke. There are 2 moves here all-in or fold. Either he has KK and your drawing but to pretty good outs. 2 aces, 9 diamonds or he has AA and your playing pretty well. Considering the King Came out, there are only what 3 combinations of Kings he could have of KK. There is also the 1 combination of AA.

Either a 3 to 1 dog or a huge favorite.

You have to call 109 to win 407 so your getting 3.7339 on your money and there are also occasions when he folds AA here. And your only less than a 2 to 1 underdog.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is silly when his range is AA or KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. Either he's folding the hand to your push, or you need to start pushing him more. Figure out which it is and then do it. But posting a hand with a read like this is totally pointless. You have him on AA or KK, you're chopping or losing on that flop, this is the most obvious fold on the planet.

It's also the most obvious all in before the flop on the planet.

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. Judging by the number of people posting that I should push the flop, it doesn't seem that it's the most obvious fold on the planet. It is a fold, but it's close. You would see that if you looked at it beyond "you're pushing or chopping."

This is not 6 max, and this is not high stakes, and I'm playing 12 tables. Yes I could stand to mix up my gamesome more, especially against this particular player, but on balance that may or may not be +EV for my situation. And beyond that, who the hell said I wasn't pushing him around from time to time with non nut hands? I'm not asking you how to beat this player, I already beat this player, I'm asking about this hand.

No, this is not a push preflop. Folding his KK here leaves gobs of EV on the table. Bluff pushing all in preflop against a tight 4-better is not a situation I care to set up in the future.

- P -
Old 07-13-2006, 02:20 PM

Ugh, just throw it in preflop. Nits are somewhat resistant to being trapped. You beat them by playing small ball and once in a blue moon getting it all in with the nuts vs the 2nd nuts (which I realize you were trying to do on the flop). You're out of position here and giving him a chance at a genius flop (like this one). Well at the very least re-pop it to 2/3 stack and push any flop.

As played, do the math and act accordingly. Isn't AK/QQ at least 5% of his range?
Old 07-13-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this seriously a joke. There are 2 moves here all-in or fold. Either he has KK and your drawing but to pretty good outs. 2 aces, 9 diamonds or he has AA and your playing pretty well. Considering the King Came out, there are only what 3 combinations of Kings he could have of KK. There is also the 1 combination of AA.

Either a 3 to 1 dog or a huge favorite.

You have to call 109 to win 407 so your getting 3.7339 on your money and there are also occasions when he folds AA here. And your only less than a 2 to 1 underdog.

[/ QUOTE ]

You miscalculated.