Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2006, 09:57 PM

Default Re: KK vs TAG on scary board

Like most situations its player dependant. If you are the early position raiser and get reraised from the blinds you are often up against a very big hand. I don't necessarily think theres anything wrong with just calling preflop since you will have position. You don't want your opponents to know every time you have aces or kings you will put in the third raise, because then your observant opponents will always reraise you with their strong hands and if you don't reraise back they know you haven't got aces or kings.

So anyway, you have to mix up your play and when you're in position that is a good time to do it. With your preflop raise and call he might put you on a big ace in which case he would bet kings and queens like this.

With the stacks this deep you have to reraise the flop. Now if he comes back over the top of your raise or applies heavy duty pressure on the turn after you raised the flop then you can fold.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:32 PM

Calc, I don't mind your game plan and I think it makes sense.

if you are just going to call the preflop raise that is okay and yes it does mix up your game, of course in order to mix up the game, you have to come back over the top preflop every once in a while too. If you just call preflop that's okay if you reraise the flop on this board,

I like your plan from there on out

Of course I should say, for me personally I'm ALWAYS guns a blazing with AA and KK preflop, but calling is okay for you (as long as you raise this flop), just that's not my style.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:50 PM

I would like preflop more if you were less deep I think, but whatever, i still call here a lot of the time.

Please raise the [censored] flop though. you get your value here from QQ/JJ. Remember that any paint or ten on the turn is either a scare card for you or him.

I'm fine with the turn fold. Most people won't double barrel AK here (maybe AK spades will) and we only beat 1 hand here
Old 07-09-2006, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got stacked twice yesterday kings walkin into aces and you know what...In this situation I still push...if i get stacked so be it...I will be right enough times to do alright...

[/ QUOTE ]

no