Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2006, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Protecting Hand Out of Position

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how absurd. that's like saying it's easy to keep driving at 300 mph if you have 6 cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try as I might, not only can I not make this analogy make sense, I can't even come up with a way to pretend it does long enough to argue about it. Congratulations.

[/ QUOTE ]

yessss, i am sooo good. if you care, here's an explanation i guess. someone said that the OPs wr is unsustainable (b/c it's too high), and someone else replied, "it is (sustainable, i'm guessing) if you're 10 tabling" as if adding more tables increases win rate somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

The winrate was quoted by $/hr. Multitabling does add $/hr, otherwise we wouldn't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take it easy folks don't want any blood on my screen. LOL
The win rate is $34/hr or 17BB I miscalculated. Sorry! That is for one table, do not multi table and to be quite honest I dont see how the win rate is not sustainable at the smaller levels now as you move up then it becomes BB/hr but hell I'll take one BB/hr at the 15/30 or 30/60 when I eventually get there. Would prefer more but I'm not a greedy man!
Old 07-08-2006, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting out is what I tend to do unless like you said I know they are more aggressive and will bet. Another option is waiting for the turn to bet b/c of the double bet size. You will risk giving them a free card but in some massive pots sometimes waiting for the turn is the only way to protect your hand.

good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that but correct me if I'm wrong. In the instances that they are going to call on the turn anyway, dont you feel that it would be better to bet the flop as well so as to not miss any bets when your hand does hold up. I do see your point in reply to my opponents odds.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The win rate is $34/hr or 17BB I miscalculated. Sorry! That is for one table, do not multi table and to be quite honest I dont see how the win rate is not sustainable at the smaller levels

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, then you are just running hot. There's no way you can make 17BB/hr single-tabling any limit long-term, there just isn't enough money in play period to accomplish that.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:25 AM

I fully expect that to come down as I progress up through the limits but I really dont expect that to move down below 10bb/hr b/c of all the loose terrible action at the smaller stakes. But I do see you point! I usually try to find the loosest tables with the biggest fish and have a seat so lets hope they keep dumping money.

Thanks for the comment though!
Old 07-08-2006, 01:23 AM

there is no way, im sorry, you will have some downswings at some point. there is not a chance in the world that over a large sample it is more than 6BB/100 or so, and that is even stretching it way over the edge. Just be prepared for when your AA does fall to the flush draws
Old 07-08-2006, 01:29 AM

Oh I agree that has happened several times. Guess I still have the NL mentality!!! thanks!
Old 07-08-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fully expect that to come down as I progress up through the limits but I really dont expect that to move down below 10bb/hr b/c of all the loose terrible action at the smaller stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you should expect it to come down in 1/2. Because it will.

Haupt_234
Old 07-08-2006, 06:33 PM

BTW, your BB/100 is so high because you probably don't have over 8,000 hands as a sample considering you single table...

Haupt_234