Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2006, 01:41 PM

Default Re: 20/40 6m KK

If his range is AA, AK, QJ, TT, and 44 we are behind his range, but it's a blind war, and the 10k in front of him has to indicate some degree of nuttiness. I'd cap the turn and call a river blank if he bets, raise if the board pairs, bet if checked to, and call any reraises.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jason, you have a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was capped preflop, capped on the flop and is now 3-bets on the turn. Villain is unknown. I have already made it completely clear that I have a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's unknown. Is there a significant difference between 3 more bets and 2 more bets?
Old 07-05-2006, 01:57 PM

There are 3 AA combos, 3 TT combos (perhaps even discounted) and 3 AK combos (definately discounted after the turn 3 bet). I'd just call down.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call
raise river call 3-bet.

I want to see what he has and I think this gives the best chance of seeing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's never folding regardless of the line jason takes.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:09 PM

44, QJ, and KT are definetly in his range too. He may even have something dumb like AT or KQ, but these hands don't have many combos and have to be discounted heavily enough that we can almost neglect them.

I think we are roughly ahead of 50% of his hands on the the turn. If the board pairs the river, I would raise.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:04 PM

I would either calldown or cap and call.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:51 PM

I would call the flop 3-bet and raise the turn. Since the Ace fell I would raise the turn and then cap when he 3-bets because, after all, he can't 5-bet. If he leads the river, then I just call.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call the flop 3-bet and raise the turn. Since the Ace fell I would raise the turn and then cap when he 3-bets because, after all, he can't 5-bet. If he leads the river, then I just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "he can't 5-bet" reasonsing is no good. Either I have enough value to cap or I don't (and any calcuations about this need to take into consideration all possible river cards and actions against his range).
Old 07-05-2006, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jason, you have a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was capped preflop, capped on the flop and is now 3-bets on the turn. Villain is unknown. I have already made it completely clear that I have a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've made it clear but villain hasn't made it clear that he's listening. See Q7o vs AQdd for more information on this concept. Cap, call river (bet if checked, call if checkraised [subset of SpicyF theorem]). The $10k behind is probably a red herring but it's enough to tip the scales for me. And the 4-bet cap does make a difference because you won't be faced with additional bets on the turn (it's sufficiently rare that you will be faced with 3 bets to showdown), so it's going to be easier for you to extract value vs. his range. It's pretty close to 6:3 you're ahead here (we can include QJ as a slim possibility of being behind but you have 10 outs against QJ and when we include QJ, we should give some weighted possibility to 44, KT, AT, and the like as well, which balances everything out pretty well).
Old 07-05-2006, 05:10 PM

its actually a pretty good point because most players will lead the river with a strong hand rather than checkraising it if hero caps (either looking to bet/3bet or simply becasue they are on an adrenaline rush). Good players know enough to checkraise because the lead into a capper is pretty damn strong.

For this reason I cap lighter in a lot of spots. Its not the same 2:1 proposition as if you were 3betting.