Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2006, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Break time stat post. First 30k hands

[ QUOTE ]
fix your blinds play and just think about how much your win rate will increase.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you so sure his blind play is horrible? After all, he's winning back some of his blind money from both SB and BB. Maybe it's not optimal play, but it doesn't strike me as a huge or even obvious leak. What am I missing?
Old 07-05-2006, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Until then, you may want to tighten it up a little bit. Playing 25/16 is going to put you in a lot of marginal situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

At a full-ring table, I'd agree. At six-max, these numbers are not at all out-of-line, especially since most of the VPIP comes from LP and SB. Personally, my VPIP from the SB is even higher than this, mostly from completing after several limpers with all KINDS of trash. There are TONS of hands you can play profitably for half the big blind after two or three limpers at a no-limit table: any pair, any two broadway, any suited ace or king, any suited connectors, any unsuited connectors, any suited one gaps, any unsuited one gaps, and probably others that I'm not comfortable playing. So long as you don't get married to a second-best hand, the pot odds and implied odds are OBSCENE, and you can fold the flop 95% of the time and STILL turn a profit when it hits you like an anvil.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What makes you so sure his blind play is horrible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sample is obviously small, but he's playing a bunch of hands from SB, going to SD very seldom and usually loosing. That sounds like he's playing trash, flopping some bad one pair hands and leading them too strongly. Loosing 17PTBB/100 in the SB is huge, he's got at least a 1, maybe 1.5PTBB/100 leak in that one position that he can fix by tightening up.

He's also defending his blinds a LOT, playing 30% of his hands from the BB for a raise??? OP, filter for called/raised a steal attempt and see your BB/100.

There is something rly wrong with the wtsd/w$sd too.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:43 AM

Barrin, where's the "open-shove flop in unraised pot" stat? I think that one's a little high for you.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sample is obviously small, but he's playing a bunch of hands from SB, going to SD very seldom and usually loosing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah! I thought you were saying that his VPIP indicated a problem. Your deeper analysis is definitely onto something.

[ QUOTE ]

That sounds like he's playing trash, flopping some bad one pair hands and leading them too strongly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with playing trash for cheap from SB, but you're right about overvaluing weakly made hands OOP. That's a HUGE no-no when you're playing SB garbage.

[ QUOTE ]

Loosing 17PTBB/100 in the SB is huge, he's got at least a 1, maybe 1.5PTBB/100 leak in that one position that he can fix by tightening up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that if he decreased his VPIP to 0%, this would be -25 PTBB/100. Overall, his blind play is winning back 8 PTBB/100 from his forced bets; that's 1/3rd of his blind money from the SB. Any money regained from the blinds is good. Could he do better? Yeah, probably, but this isn't a huge and glaring problem to me.

[ QUOTE ]

He's also defending his blinds a LOT, playing 30% of his hands from the BB for a raise??? OP, filter for called/raised a steal attempt and see your BB/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely worth a look. Still, his BB play has been very strong, winning back his blind money to the tune of 37 PTBB/100. That shouldn't be seen as a leak.

[ QUOTE ]

There is something rly wrong with the wtsd/w$sd too.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do strike me as odd, especially since he's only winning 31/32% when seeing a flop. My guess is he plays a fit-or-fold strategy, but overplays draws and gets in trouble with TPNK-type hands. He probably bets his made hands too hard, bluffs at ragged flops too infrequently, chases draws too much, and doesn't allow opponents to bluff on the river.

Of course, with only these numbers we'll never be sure....
Old 07-05-2006, 01:09 AM

Hi Barrin,

tighten up a little bit. my stats on you are around a 21/12 and you play goot. however when you loosen up to 25/16 you may find yourself in a bunch of marginal situations postflop that a newer player is going to struggle with. try tightening up a little imo and keep with your postflop numbers if you want to win more.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:16 AM

Default **OT**

Hi Barrin.

I was wondering how you got that graphic. Is it a PokerTracker fonction I don't know about?

sry for the hijack.

thanks

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2006, 01:21 AM

Default Re: **OT**

hey jaypee,

i have you as a huge nit in my db, like 14/8. plz tell me this is not true.

also, to get that graphic with more stats, theres a 'more detail' button to the right of the stat tables.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey jaypee,

i have you as a huge nit in my db, like 14/8. plz tell me this is not true.

also, to get that graphic with more stats, theres a 'more detail' button to the right of the stat tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

That must be quite a small sample cause i'm 19/11 over the last 37k hands. And i've thighten up after a badstreak. I was 22/14 over 55k back then. So that puts me at an average of 20.5/12.5 over 92k hands.

And I ran over nl 50$ with 27/18 with 10.5BB/100 over 25k (huge rush I admit)

As for the graph/stats, I know how to use the "more details" button but there is no graph there, just stats...

Old 07-05-2006, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Barrin.

I was wondering how you got that graphic. Is it a PokerTracker fonction I don't know about?

sry for the hijack.

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you go
http://pokerpatterns.com/