Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2006, 11:31 AM

Default Re: WWE Champion RVD and Sabu Arrested

[ QUOTE ]
For any casual observer, this is worse then Big Ben riding without a helmet. RVD was being pushed to the moon, way to [censored] it up dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incidentally, I totally dont get this push, but whatever. I tried to watch WWE last night and couldnt take it. A DX reunion, ZOMG!!!111!!!!!!!1111
Old 07-04-2006, 11:35 AM

RVD was pushed to revive ECW. I haven't given up on the new ECW yet, but the fans aren't as into it as in the old days and many of the wrestlers (Dreamer, Sabu, Richards, Sandman, etc.) Have aged a lot in 8 years.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:53 AM

i wonder if this has anything to do with him losing the belt last night
Old 07-04-2006, 11:59 AM

Totally overrated sloppy, dangerous spot monkey that blows spots way too often. I'm surprised he didn't kill himself or John Cena on his debut.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:38 PM

valid i guess, but at least they're good spots plus he has been fine since he to wwe/ecw and is probably the second most over ecw guy behind rvd

cena is the one that nearly killed him with that [censored] up FU over the ropes onto a table.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:03 PM

This happened about 5 minutes from my house. That road where they were busted is so bad for catching drunk drivers.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i wonder if this has anything to do with him losing the belt last night

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be willing to bet that this has everything to do with him losing the belt last night. Supposedly yesterday Vince and the higher ups had a closed door meeting for almost the entire day(which would probably explain how god awful raw was last night) and they decided that they won't make a full decision until tommorrow.

I doubt that they will be fired, but I can see some burying on sabu possibly and maybe RVD. RVD having the belt taken off of him is pretty bad punishment as is because it will really effect his pocketbook since he won't be getting the champions extra cut from merchandise and etc
Old 07-04-2006, 02:48 PM

Great, the first world title change on Raw in over 4 years and it's only because of this. Looks like law enforcement is making the show more interesting than the writers ever could.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:52 PM

WWE is actually pretty good right now. I've enjoyed watching it over the last few weeks with the whole DX thing and ECW vs WWE deal.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:08 PM

Anyone who thinks Sabu is overrated either hasn't followed wrestling for very long or is only familiar with WWE/WCW. Some of the matches he worked in ECW in the mid 90's and in Japan throughout the 90's are among the best I've seen. I'm not even a big Sabu fan but the guy has had some great matches. Is he a good fit for WWE? No, probably not, but that doesn't mean he's overrated.

RVD on the other hand has always annoyed me. The only times I liked RVD was when he got his big heel push in early 97 and when he worked the series of matches with Jerry Lynn. Otherwise, all his matches are exactly the same, a series of the same high spots in the same order, over and over again. I don't think he's done anything different in 4 years. Plus, I find his character to be dull. Probably one of the most athletically gifted wrestlers in the business, but I've never understood why he gets so over.

As for the arrests, they're bad news for ECW obviously. The ECW lockerroom is still pretty small. The only guy really who could take the ECW belt off RVD would be Angle, but I don't know if that would get over well. WWE needs to give ECW a few more quality wrestlers and help establish a tag division (which has always been a strong point in ECW). Right now, the shows have been kinda blah. Seeing the Sandman come in and beat up some jobber (the Zombie? wtf?) gets old really quickly. If ECW is gonna survive, they need a wider range of talent.