Default Re: Rizen video free at PokerXFactor this weekend

why is it so expensive?
Old 07-02-2006, 06:36 PM

That first part is solid gold.

Nick
Old 07-02-2006, 06:56 PM

it would be interesting to see how he plays after the break when the blinds go up.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why is it so expensive?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to sound cheesy, but I think it's a bargain. You're getting great insight (if you don't think the first video's insight is great, then you won't like the rest, but if you do they're all like that) from top poker players who make 100's of thousands of dollars a year, and it's only $150 + $30/month?!?

If you're only bankrolled for low stakes, I understand the hesitance, but IMHO (and yes, I'm biased) anyone who is bankrolled for playing $20-$30 MTTs and SnGs will get WAY more out of the site than they put in. There is even a cash video up now (which I made, I was a cash player long before an MTTer) and there will eventually be more.

Quite honestly, and again this sounds cheesy, but it's so true. I don't see how you can afford NOT to get the kind of help you get on PXF if you're a serious player.

-Rizen
Old 07-02-2006, 11:47 PM

If you plan to pay taxes on your winnings this year, I think all these training sites are tax-deductible. So it's more like $100+20/mo for you and $50+10/mo for Uncle Sam.

I'm not quite sure why I haven't signed up yet myself. I'm just too lazy.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:11 AM

I haven't signed up but it actually doesn't seem that expensive given the main expense is the one time sign up fee.

$24 a month is cheap in my opinion...especially if a majority of the content is on par with Rizen,Baxs, and Sheets free samples that I've viewed so far.

What would be interesting, but probably way to much of a pain in the ass to actually do, is if say once a month or something you could send your hand history from a given tourney and get one of the regular(successful) players to create a feeback video of the hand history...commenting on how you played each hand within that given tourney.

They'd probably have to charge like $59-79 a month if they were going to that length though..
Old 07-03-2006, 05:05 AM

Rizen/PXF,

I think this video is awesome, and I've heard great things about the value of this site. I plan to sign up as soon as possible--I will be severely work-burdened over the next six months and will have to put poker to the side for a while until this major project is completed. If the one-time fee was truly one-time, and I could just subscribe, month by month, or put my subscription on hold for a few months in the middle, I'd join immediately. I've got an email out to PXF to see if that's possible.

Otherwise, I'll have to decide whether or not I want to wait or join now and be willing to pay for months when I may only login an hour or two.

-Z
Old 07-03-2006, 07:22 AM

I've got to get a subscription. Part one just taught me that I play too many hands during the first hour and that I need to value-bet more. Also, Rizen's got a really nice voice to listen to. Great job, mr Lynch! I wish you all the luck during WSOP...
Old 07-03-2006, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the complete tourney uploaded as a handhistory, i.e. not as a video with commentary, anywhere on PXF? I cant find it. Would appreciate a link to it if it exists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Subscribers get the full animated hand history plus the "Match the Move" quiz. The quiz let's you go step by step through the tournament with Rizen, trying to do what he did. We don't claim that there is any one way to play a hand but when you go through a huge tournament like this trying to make the same decisions that Rizen made, then you really get a sense of how a top pro plays. At the very least, it makes you think about hands different and consider alternative ways to play them.

The best way to view the content is to go to the Training Center, check the "Group Related Content" button, and submit. That will resort all the content and group the Rizen $1 Million stuff together. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:45 AM

How many tourneys does Rizen have up currently? Because frankly, his ability to discuss hands and thoughts behind his plays are 5x better than anything else I've seen posted on any site.

Nick