Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2006, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Seeing monsters

* grunch *

I don't care for the limp pre-flop with two callers. I'd either raise or fold, depending on how the limpers play.

Board is slightly coordinated. There could be a flush draw or a number of straight draws, but I don't think it's terribly likely. If I had something like AJ and the board came down JJK, I'd be more worried, although in this example I have an extra, albeit more weak than usual, backdoor draw.

Might as well raise for value on the flop. I have a feeling that MP might 3-bet you here.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care for the limp pre-flop with two callers. I'd either raise or fold, depending on how the limpers play.

[/ QUOTE ]

<sigh> [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DOES EVERY $#%@$#%##% HAND IN THIS FORUM HAVE TO BE RAISED PREFLOP!!!!

This is an easy limp. IF you know the limpers are terrible and the button + blinds are very tight and will most likely fold then yes you might think about raising, but no information we have indicates any of this.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:02 PM

yeah, super standard limp, super standard flop raise.

anything less is uncivilized. this hand is really easy to play.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Use your Raising Rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an easy limp. IF you know the limpers are terrible and the button + blinds are very tight and will most likely fold then yes you might think about raising, but no information we have indicates any of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they play badly post-flop, or way too loose pre-flop, then I want to raise. If they play well, then I call because the flush draw aspect of my hand becomes more important. It looks fairly clear-cut to me.

No, not every hand needs to be raised. I can see situations for calling, raising and even (gasp) folding this hand here with the exact same action, depending on the players involved.

The problem with A6s is that it's still not going to make a flush very often. Being suited does help, especially in the case of backdoor draws when you spike an ace and feel that you might be behind, as is the case much of the time with ace-rag. You are much more likely to flop a pair than a flush draw, and hitting an ace with this hand means you want fewer opponents. This says raise. I might fold if the opponents are tight and skilled, but in that case, I'm sitting in the wrong seat, and am generally unhappy at this table.

Calling with A6s after two limpers. Let me dust off SSHE. The starting hand charts both recommend raising A8s in late position, so raising A6s can't be too far off. And HPFAP says... wait a second... open your copy of HPFAP... no, go get your copy of HPFAP, clear out the cobwebs and dust it off, then to page 33 and read the bottom two paragraphs including the top of the next page. It's in the chapter on late position play pre-flop.

That's for a FULL game, presumably. This is a 6-max hand. MEbenhoe's excellent 6-max chart lists ALL Axs hands in the CO versus 1-2 limpers as default raising hands.

Not that I've used a chart in some time, but it's nice to see that people that are better poker players than me have already said what I'm saying now. Whatever I believe, it's nice to get validation every once in a while.

Anyhow, raising pre-flop is very likely to be the default play, and there's cetainly nothing wrong with doing so.

Actually, in practice I've raised in the HJ, CO and Button with A6s only slightly more often than I've limped when there were previous callers, but that's in a full ring game. The fewer players at the table, the more inclined I've been to raise.

It's probably close, but this is the way I play it most of the time, and if it's wrong, it's not far off. Almost all of my plays with marginal+ hands are dependant on my opponent, as they should be.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:54 PM

wow if mebenhoe's chart actually recommends raising A2s in the co after two limpers i'd be amazed. i've never seen it though so obviously i wouldnt know.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:00 PM

Raise it
Old 06-29-2006, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care for the limp pre-flop with two callers. I'd either raise or <u>FOLD</u>, depending on how the limpers play.

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;sigh&gt; [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've made my complaint more clear, just in case there was any confusion.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, optimal TAG stats are 12/12/inf