Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 03:43 PM

Default Re: These ladies are no longer decent

[ QUOTE ]
Dude's fairly liberal with his preflop raises but a good bit less so postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would he raise a T on the flop? And then will he then call it down if you 3bet? If not I don't see a reason to do it.

I also c/f the A river.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:46 PM

In hand two I'd call the river. There just isn't enoug information to indicate we shouldn't.

The turn was misplayed though, IMO. I think it's a raise.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:45 PM

Buck: Out of curiosity how do you play the river if:

-Vill calls and checks to you (I assume check behind?)
-Vill calls and donks that river?

I don't think I'm raising these types of turns enough myself but that's partly because I suck at these rivers.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buck: Out of curiosity how do you play the river if:

-Vill calls and checks to you (I assume check behind?)
-Vill calls and donks that river?

I don't think I'm raising these types of turns enough myself but that's partly because I suck at these rivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the first situation, I would bet; if he had a spade, he would likely be concerned that the river may be checked through and he still gives us value with a lot of weaker hands.

In situation two, I'm not folding but not expecting to win all that often. We'll probably beat a bluff or a misplayed river hand often enough though.

I'm pretty confident about the turn raise. It gets pretty complicated though when he three bets, though.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:20 PM

Default Hand 2

Far more interesting (at least the turn play).

If you call the turn, you have to call any river IMO. The fact that the 4th [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] slid and he bet makes me want to call even more. Most players will not bet a smallish flush fearing that there is no value in it. So when he bets there is an increased chance that he is straight bluffing. If he checks we can just check behind and expect to lose.

Buck suggested raising the turn and really I don't like a raise in this spot. Call-call costs the same but sometimes he will not valuetown us on the end so we stand to do a little better by not raising**. We also get another bet when he is betting a worse hand that will fold. If we do raise we have to ditch it to a 3-bet so if the guy will always 3-bet a flush and fold a hand with outs for it makes sense. You can do some EV calcs but really it has to be a special situation for raising to be +EV compared to calling down. You also have to consider that good players will oftentimes not 3-bet with a flush knowing that you will throw it away to a reraise a good % of the time. So if you are ever up against a good player it is a decent spot to repop with just the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. If you actually hold the flush you are better off going for a stop and go on the river.

And then I guess you can take his turn bet at face value and just flat fold. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Brad

** - It also gets complex on the river when he just calls the turn raise. The river seems like a clear value bet but I don't know just how much value there is. Really the only reason that would push a raise over a call is if you can get 3 bets from a worse hand. I don't know how often this will happen because you have to consider the times that he shuts down with a better hand, the times he misses and folds and the times he makes a straight or something and wins.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think i just call the flop raise.
i'm not calling a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]