Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 04:00 PM

Default Re: PS 16, 4 left , second stack pick up AKs

[ QUOTE ]
ur hand has so much value that im not sure folding to a minraise is prudent. if we took this line, we would be all in on the flop no doubt. i dont think you see AA here nearly every time in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you don't see AA every time here, but I'd be willing to venture that that you see JJ+ the majority of the time. His range may have widened significantly by now so this is a tough spot. What would really help is knowing if he was a frequent minraiser because that could change everything.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:13 PM

I feel like I am taking crazy pills here. A guy minraises UTG here we defintley have FE. This is a $16 SNG for godsake. SHove.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:14 PM

Either I'm plugging this in wrong into SNGPT or I'm just confused.

If we push with AKs here and Villian always calls us with 44+,A7s+,A9o+,KJs, it's -4.9% to push here with AKs, and -1.2% to push with QQ.

Now obviously, I don't think we get looked up by hands like 44/A7s/A9o, I think the calling range for the guy would be something like 99+/AJo+. Against this range it's -6.1% to push. In fact, KK is -0.5% against this range which is.. weird.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:15 PM

with those stats, i like a fold here.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:17 PM

I try not to make a habit of shoving good but not made hands over extremely tight raisers. Of course we have FE, but if his range is what we think it is we probably don't have much.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If we push with AKs here and Villian always calls us with 44+,A7s+,A9o+,KJs, it's -4.9% to push here with AKs, and -1.2% to push with QQ.

Now obviously, I don't think we get looked up by hands like 44/A7s/A9o, I think the calling range for the guy would be something like 99+/AJo+. Against this range it's -6.1% to push. In fact, KK is -0.5% against this range which is.. weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are defintley doing something wrong here as SNGPT cannot calculate these situation where he is raising preflop.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are defintley doing something wrong here as SNGPT cannot calculate these situation where he is raising preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am basically putting in a push for CO. I have no clue how to run the ICM for this situation.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:46 PM

What is his pfr %? 1-5 I'd muck.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am basically putting in a push for CO. I have no clue how to run the ICM for this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is it's not a push. It's a raise and you have FE.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is it's not a push. It's a raise and you have FE.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much folding equity do you think we have when the guy is getting roughly 2.1 to 1 on the call?