Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 02:25 AM

Default Re: ($55s) QQ, crazy action preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i just estimated mp1's range to be 40% with buttons range at 20% and sb at 15% and that gives ur 44% chance of winning approx with those ranges. i feel like mp's range is pretty wide and the buttons might be fairily looser than 20% with his stack but i think the sb is pretty close to 15%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I actually played with the numbers a bit and I get around a 40% equity, which surprised me (I thought you were pulling that number out of the air).

However, I don't think your ranges are realistic.

Most villains at $55s are not pushing 40% in this spot. Big stack could be calling pretty wide, but I still think 20% is a little generous. With two callers in front, I just can't see SB calling with 15% regardless of his chip situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

the reason why i used those numbers was because even assuming %'s of 30,15, and 10 it is still practically the same chance of winning so i didnt refine or try to give exact %'s.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:26 AM

Default Re: ($55s) QQ, crazy action preflop.

So, I should have called with pot odds and all. Opps, I really thought my equity was much lower.

MP1 had 66.
Button had 55.
SB had AQo.

My QQ's would have held up. I still got a chip lead later, pwned the bubble, and lost three all-ins in a row heads up to take 2nd (MP1 finished 1st).