Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Tuff fish is BUSTO

[ QUOTE ]
Tony,

after watching a few of your videos, which I found very entertaining, my advice to you must be that when you come back, PLEASE play lower stakes!

With all due respect, I donīt think you are experienced enough to beat the levels you have been playing at. I mean, the players at 10/20 definitely are VERY good, and even at 3/6, my opinion is that there are lots of good players there, and from what I have seen in the videos you seem to make quite a few bad plays. And please donīt take this as an insult, just a friendly peace of advice. I have a friend of mine who thought he was a winning player at 5/10 after playing poker for about a month just because he was running well for a short period. You donīt have to play in the toughest games immediately, people at these levels often have years of experience with the game, so to beat these guys takes a lot of experience with the game.

Why not start out at the lower levels and see if you are a winning player there, and then gradually advance up? Myself, I have been playing 0.5/1 NL for quite some time, over a year, but still havenīt moved up just because I donīt want to before I really feel I have an edge on the average player at the higher levels. (Yes, I am not quick with learning poker...)

GL in the future!

Ps. Please post some more videos when you return! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-27-2006, 11:21 AM

Man, I feel bad for him... until I think of various videos, read this essay in that tone ("NEWS FLASH! I CAN'T GET A HAND!") and start giggling.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:23 AM

They call out 2+2 at the end and mention how everyone has been entertained by his "infamous" videos but refuse to put a link out of respect to him. That's nice.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:25 AM

more incentive for heads up!

He was playing with a 10 buyin bankroll, what did he expect
Old 06-27-2006, 11:50 AM

someone post a link to the video where he goes BUSTO
Old 06-27-2006, 12:36 PM

Why do you feel sorry for this guy? He's an idiot. He blames all hsi bad luck. He has no hand wah wah wah. It's bullsht. In his video he checkraises all-in on a K9Kx turn when it's obvious he is beat. That's after he put in a pot sized continuation bet on the flop after putting in a pot-sized reraise preflop OOP with 77. Also, he made plenty of terrible continuation bets when his image is sht. He's not unlucky, he's bad. I haven't even been playing NL very long and that's obvious.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
more incentive for heads up!

[/ QUOTE ]

it even means he'll take the free money far more seriously! this can only mean good things for the heads up match.

i hope he doesn't go busto again after taking out pinsker though. i got your back tony.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you feel sorry for this guy? He's an idiot. He blames all hsi bad luck. He has no hand wah wah wah. It's bullsht. In his video he checkraises all-in on a K9Kx turn when it's obvious he is beat. That's after he put in a pot sized continuation bet on the flop after putting in a pot-sized reraise preflop OOP with 77. Also, he made plenty of terrible continuation bets when his image is sht. He's not unlucky, he's bad. I haven't even been playing NL very long and that's obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. He also compains that people "catch cards" to beat him, but neglects the fact that almost every time, they only "rivered" him because a scare card or two caused him to freeze up and check through.

One hand comes to mind he has JJ and a Q flops, he checks, an A turns, he checks, and the K rivers and his villan has something like K9o.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:47 PM

KJ, villain min bet the A turn and tony called, river went check check. yeah that was possibly his worst bout of weak-tightness
Old 06-27-2006, 12:47 PM

Let's help him re-build his bankroll! Everyone put in 10x your original donation!