Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2006, 04:30 PM

Default Re: AA with NFD

[ QUOTE ]
to someone who sees you as a total rock pushing represents the nut flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably true but I don't think my image at the time suggested that I was a rock.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't see what's wrong with calling down. We are either slightly behind or way ahead, but I'm pretty sure a flop 3-bet push is going to get those way aheads to fold and those slightly behind's to call. What's the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you improve he folds, if you don't improve, you lose your stack.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the times he has something like QQ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], or AKo w/ K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

Do you think he gets away from hands like these, or that he never raises the flop with a hand I have crushed?
Old 01-18-2006, 07:07 PM

No pair with a diamond is ever folding this flop after putting $150 in. I don't expect to see AxKd here hardly ever, but anyone who would play it this badly is presumably calling the rest off their stack. Even if they don't, I'm perfectly happy to take $178 from a guy drawing virtually dead.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just don't see what's wrong with calling down. We are either slightly behind or way ahead, but I'm pretty sure a flop 3-bet push is going to get those way aheads to fold and those slightly behind's to call. What's the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think is going to check/fold a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] turn? imo it is really the hands against which we have less equity who would do this anyway (low flush or set). against JJ-KK we can get it all in on a blank turn, although red JJ-KK probably calls a push now anyway. if you can give me a hand range you think calls this push i might go ahead and advocate it, but frequently people are folding here.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:33 PM

After putting in half his stack I expect him to call with virtually all non-bluffs. Maybe hands like J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] fold but even then they might convince themselves that you're on the naked nut draw (because IMO checkraising half your stack here with that sort of hand is completely terrible and players who make those terrible plays also make terrible calls).

I just don't like being in a spot where my stack is going in no matter what, but my opponent is not committed. As long as my stack is going in, I want my opponent's in the pot too, and if a diamond hits on the turn, that becomes much less likely.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:34 PM

Just as long as you dont fold I'd be happy
Old 01-18-2006, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After putting in half his stack I expect him to call with virtually all non-bluffs. Maybe hands like J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] fold but even then they might convince themselves that you're on the naked nut draw (because IMO checkraising half your stack here with that sort of hand is completely terrible and players who make those terrible plays also make terrible calls).

I just don't like being in a spot where my stack is going in no matter what, but my opponent is not committed. As long as my stack is going in, I want my opponent's in the pot too, and if a diamond hits on the turn, that becomes much less likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just think pushing here gives a hand exactly like KT no [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] off the hook, as well as bluffs obviously. obviously you dont think villain is folding anything but a bluff, in which case i would obviously push as well.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:10 PM

Didn't read the rest of the replies but I'm just calling down. If he has a pair+big diamond you let him off too easy by pushing. I can think of only a few hands that beating you over which you have any fold equity.

Sometimes calling is tight aggressive.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to someone who sees you as a total rock pushing represents the nut flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably true but I don't think my image at the time suggested that I was a rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

believe it or not, i knew that. i meant, "only..."