Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2006, 05:49 AM

Default Re: Explain the logic behind this...

[ QUOTE ]
3) I lived in Cleveland. If I was racist against blacks, I wouldn't be alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you eventually see how stupid this statement is. Obviously you weren't going around telling random black guys they looked like "uneducated urban trash."

NT
Old 06-24-2006, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3) I lived in Cleveland. If I was racist against blacks, I wouldn't be alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you eventually see how stupid this statement is. Obviously you weren't going around telling random black guys they looked like "uneducated urban trash."

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

And obviously I didn't mean "black guys" when I said uneducated urban trash. If anything, random white people in Cleveland were more prone to this kind of ridiculous clothing.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And obviously I didn't mean "black guys" when I said uneducated urban trash. If anything, random white people in Cleveland were more prone to this kind of ridiculous clothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually that's probably not obvious to anybody but you.

The whole hip-hop fashion originated among urban blacks and although 'random white people' have picked it up any reasonable person hearing what you posted earlier would interpret 'uneducated urban trash' as poor black guys from the hood. Why specify urban? It's one of those great euphemisms for all things black that we white people are uncomfortable with.

But that's ok, you just keep backpedaling. I bet you and Ozzie Guillen will be at a New York Liberty game with all your gay black friends to prove me wrong...

NT
Old 06-24-2006, 06:02 AM

Villain -

Could this also have to do with hiding weapons perhaps?

NT
Old 06-24-2006, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually that's probably not obvious to anybody but you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when the [censored] has urban = black dude? Oh, right, because hip hop originates from "urban culture" must mean black people necessarily are the only urban people. Not whites, hispanics, or Asians who happen to live in the inner city due to economic troubles.

[ QUOTE ]
The whole hip-hop fashion originated among urban blacks and although 'random white people' have picked it up any reasonable person hearing what you posted earlier would interpret 'uneducated urban trash' as poor black guys from the hood. Why specify urban? It's one of those great euphemisms for all things black that we white people are uncomfortable with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is uncomfortable with black people and/or urban culture? All I'm saying is that big [censored] stupid ass shirts are retarded. And when I say this, I envision gigantic t-shirts in specific.

[ QUOTE ]
But that's ok, you just keep backpedaling. I bet you and Ozzie Guillen will be at a New York Liberty game with all your gay black friends to prove me wrong...

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations, you win because you called me a racist and give me absolutely zero outs to prove myself otherwise. Hooray.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since when the [censored] has urban = black dude? Oh, right, because hip hop originates from "urban culture" must mean black people necessarily are the only urban people. Not whites, hispanics, or Asians who happen to live in the inner city due to economic troubles.

[/ QUOTE ]

America's inner cities are predominantly black and Hispanic. It's statistical fact. Ever heard of the National Urban League? Urb magazine? Google 'urban youth.'

From Wikipedia's 'urban' disambiguation page:

# Urban culture, associated with cities, especially hip hop culture which originated in New York City
# Urban contemporary and Mainstream Urban, music synonymous with the contemporary musical genres of black origin.

[ QUOTE ]

Congratulations, you win because you called me a racist and give me absolutely zero outs to prove myself otherwise. Hooray.

[/ QUOTE ]

'Racist' is a completely meaningless term, it gets thrown around so much. I thought you made a stupid remark and called you on it.

NT
Old 06-24-2006, 06:37 AM

Why are you arguing with Cold Caller? The guy is the biggest Donkey on 2+2.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you arguing with Cold Caller? The guy is the biggest Donkey on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't keep track of this kind of thing.

NT
Old 06-24-2006, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain -

Could this also have to do with hiding weapons perhaps?

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen a fight at this club (not to say there's never been one), and I'd bet they've honestly NEVER had a problem with weapons.

It's racist IMO. I'd completely understand their position on this if this club played rock music, but 80% of the music is rap. WTF?

Most of the customers are white college kids, but lately black locals have been showing up. (including myself, but I also go to college here, so that's how I know about it.)

FWIW, about the whole "URBAN TRASH" thing, I was wearing a pair of COOGI jeans and a COOGI t-shirt. I'd say my attire was more expensive than most of the patrons there.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The club I went to tonight plays ONLY rap/hiphop/ occasionally techno music.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't explain this. It is completely illogical to me.