Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 12:06 PM

Default Re: My car was broken into, but I know who did it...

[ QUOTE ]
you can tell the cops you know where he lives and hope that a search turns up something in the garage

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, but I'm sure the cops are gonna ask me questions about how I know where he lives, and I don't wanna have to tell them I got the speakers back, which would mean that I might not get the insurance money.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:09 PM

Me? The problem is that the villain knows where you live, too, so any kind of obvious retribution could potentially escalate into a dangerous situation. Since I'm married, I'd probably do nothing, if only for the fear that this idiot might try to do something to my wife.

If I was single, I'd probably stake out this clown first, and determine his situation. Any kind of revenge/retribution plan will flow organically from that.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:12 PM

Do the thieves know where you live?

I think you could definately scare them into paying you back. Threaten to call the police. Threaten to valdalize/destroy their house (nothing says "I mean business" like 1 brick through a window each night until you are paid back).

I once saw some kids egg my car (the windows were open) and then drive off. It was small secluded street, so I went from house to house till I found where someone admitted that his brother has a car like the one I described. He gave me their phone number. I called the house and talked to the kid, who said that he didn't do it, but would ask around. "I would tell you if I did, I've been in trouble for this before," he said. A few days later, he "couldn't find out anything from his friends". So I told him that I was calling the cops and I'm sure they would be glad to come by and help him figure it out. He offered to pay the $80 that it cost to have my car interior cleaned.

I say as long as you don't feel threatened by these guys, pwn them, and give us a trip report.

Cliff notes: harass them till you get compensated from the thieves, just based on principle alone.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you can tell the cops you know where he lives and hope that a search turns up something in the garage

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, but I'm sure the cops are gonna ask me questions about how I know where he lives, and I don't wanna have to tell them I got the speakers back, which would mean that I might not get the insurance money.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're trying to collect insurance even though you got the speakers back? Classy.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're trying to collect insurance even though you got the speakers back? Classy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh... I still don't have the DVD player or the CD player back, and while they ATTEMPTED to steal my amplifiers they cut almost every wire.

I'm going to have to pay to get everything reinstalled.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:15 PM

Threaten them for like $1000 if it doesn't work -> police, they get owned either way.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Threaten them for like $1000 if it doesn't work -> police, they get owned either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems sufficient.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:17 PM

You [censored] moron, call the cops already. Anything else is beyond retarded and morally wrong.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You [censored] moron, call the cops already. Anything else is beyond retarded and morally wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's retarded to make an effort to get my [censored] back?
Old 06-22-2006, 12:25 PM

this seems way to simple? call the cops explain you got part of your stuff back DAMAGED. that will affect your insurance money but only to the correct amount. you shouldn't get all of it, and shouldn't get none of it.

give the cops the address, they go around search for the stuff either find it and you get your [censored] back or don't and you get insruance money worth the [censored] missing.