Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 04:07 AM

Default Re: ($27) PS did i play it wrong?

[ QUOTE ]
I know the spades aren't there yet... but in this case he had JJ a higher set so If I raised the flop he would most likely push all in...

[/ QUOTE ]

in that case you just find something to break. cant find something to break then hit someone. ive found that breaking my mouse usually makes me feel better but when i can only move vertically after i bang it around i have to go buy another.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in this case if I raise the flop and SB pushes all in then is it a fold or a call?? basically I guess I was trying to find out if there was anyway of saving some chips on this hand as I was unknowingly drawing to a one outer...

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, as the poster above said: Set over set, that's just tough. You will have to get used to going broke in that situation.

This is also why you should raise the flop to 400. You want to give the flush draws a chance to either fold or pay you if the draw does not come in. If you do not raise on the flop the likelihood increases that you will only be called by better hands than yours on later streets. This is bad.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:19 AM

Think of it this way:

Hands that may push the flop to a raise:

K-anything: not uncommon and you're destroying it
K-J: rare, but you're also destroying it
Flush draws: sometimes people will get aggressive with them, you're nicely ahead
Other stuff: Q10, AJ, 99, etc. Very rare, but every once in a while you'll see it. You're well ahead of all these as well.
Set of Kings and Set of Jacks: Very rare, also KK is especially unlikely because a big raise would have found its way into that pot preflop. You're destroyed.

There are too many good spots where you are way ahead to worry about rare spots where you are way behind.